Calling All Nc Cakers! Lets Get Sharon Z To Do A Class Here!

Decorating By Maria_Campos Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 10:49pm by Maria_Campos

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 111

Okay it always seem to me that NC always gets over looked for cake workshops and classes (or I just may be blind). So I want to see how many of you in Raleigh NC (Triangle Area) Caker are interested in getting someone like Sharon Zambito. If we get enough folks interested I will host it!

For a Class with Sharon Zambito (SugarEd / SugarShack) the minimum number of people is around 10- 12-15.

So what say you!!!!

110 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 111

Let's do it!!

licia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
licia Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 111

Hey I would be interested in attending a workshop with sugarshack. Just let me know if it is a go.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 111

I'm in the Triangle area and would also love to attend a workshop with Sharon. What is the general cost?

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 111

I would be interested too. I am not in the triangle area but closer to Lake Norman/Hickory area...but hey...there are hotels!

markiesjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markiesjules Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 111

I live in East TN and work in NC....so I'd be willing to travel thumbs_up.gif

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 111

Count me in . . . I'm in Durham
Leslie

nrsanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrsanna Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:58pm
post #8 of 111

I'm new to cake decorating but would still love to take more classes. I'm about half way through a local class in Asheville. But I would be more than happy to travel up to Raleigh.

Any ideas in the cost?

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:08pm
post #9 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiesjules

I live in East TN and work in NC....so I'd be willing to travel thumbs_up.gif

Interested. What's the cost?

And markiesjules.....where do you live in East TN? I'm from Bristol and now live in Youngsville NC right outside of Raleigh. Some of my family still lives in that area.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:09pm
post #10 of 111

I live in South Carolina, but would be interested as well.

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:10pm
post #11 of 111

Nrsanna, I'm in Asheville too. What kind of classes did you find locally? I would love to attend Sugarshacks class but would have to know the dates way ahead of time to be able to travel. The little ones are very time consuming lol!

ChefAngie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefAngie Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:10pm
post #12 of 111

I am in Virginia and am interested!
Chef Angie

nrsanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrsanna Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 111

Tonya- I'm taking it at AB Tech through continuing ed. It covers the basic, I think what the first three Wilton classes cover. I'm a newbie so it is perfect for me. Cost wise it was only $45 so cheaper than Wilton.

AB Tech does offer a degree program with baking and decorating if you are interested in more advanced stuff.

I'm with ya on the dates. I'm still working full time "real" job to pay the bills : ) and have to have my schedule done about 2 months ahead of time. Hopefully if it is scheduled that far out I'll be up to snuff by then!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #14 of 111

I'm near Charlotte. I'd love to take a class with Sharon!

Maybe I can bring my son, Aidan, to meet you Sharon! You've been one of our angels through this whole ordeal. icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm
post #15 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

Maybe I can bring my son, Aidan, to meet you Sharon! You've been one of our angels through this whole ordeal. icon_smile.gif

Erin, that would be the highlight of my year! No, my life. I love that precious little boy. I pray for you every day.

meggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggers Posted 1 May 2009 , 12:29am
post #16 of 111

I'm in the Triangle and definitely interested in a cake class but I don't know if I'm good enough. Is there a basic skill level that one needs to be at for the class?

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #17 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

Quote:

Erin, that would be the highlight of my year! No, my life. I love that precious little boy. I pray for you every day.

Thank you, Sharon! Aidan has touched so many people, I don't know if I'll ever be able to explain to him just how much he means to people. Hopefully one day he'll understand and be able to tell people his story himself. icon_smile.gif

I'd love to take one of your classes, like someone else asked though is there a basic skill level that someone should be at?

sugarshack Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:53am
post #18 of 111
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

Quote:

Thank you, Sharon! Aidan has touched so many people, I don't know if I'll ever be able to explain to him just how much he means to people. Hopefully one day he'll understand and be able to tell people his story himself. icon_smile.gif

I'd love to take one of your classes, like someone else asked though is there a basic skill level that someone should be at?

My son has significant special needs too (although nothing in the realm of what you are dealing with), and my grief after his diagnosis was long and deep. And over time I came to the same conclusion you have: that he is an angel put here to teach people lessons in life, to touch them, change them with his specialness. I believe the souls of these special kids are so pure and holy, that they agreed with God, before they were even born, to sacrifice themselves here on earth to do God's work here. And while the daily road is so very hard, how blessed we are to have these angels in our lives.

Ok, back to topic: The skill level needed will depend on what the class curriculum is. Classes can be custom designed to meet whatever needs you guys have and want.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:01am
post #19 of 111

Depending on the dates, I would be interested!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:15am
post #20 of 111

Go figure, I'm planning on moving to Texas next month so I'll miss it! icon_sad.gif

but....... hopefully Sharon will be heading back to Houston again and I'll be able to take a class with her then icon_biggrin.gif

sugarshack Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:22am
post #21 of 111

Eh, I am always in texas!

xstitcher Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:24am
post #22 of 111

and that's one of the reason's I'm so excited about going there icon_lol.gif

sugarshack Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:26am
post #23 of 111

tee hee hee

( November, Sugarland)

xstitcher Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:53am
post #24 of 111

Looking forward to it Sharon! icon_smile.gif

destinyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destinyrn Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:13am
post #25 of 111

I live in the triangle area. I would definitely participate.

bemshelt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bemshelt Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:11am
post #26 of 111

I would DEFINATELY be interested!! I live close to Asheville, NC.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 5 May 2009 , 11:51am
post #27 of 111

Oh PLEASE make this happen...I am in Wake Forest and I would LOVE to participate....

Julia

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 5 May 2009 , 7:36pm
post #28 of 111

Even though I live in Va I would be interested I'm not that far from NC.

mo_like_it Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo_like_it Posted 5 May 2009 , 11:25pm
post #29 of 111

I would absolutely LOVE to attend!!!!!!

heavenlybaked2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlybaked2 Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:28am
post #30 of 111

i am there!!! set that date already!!! i know my sis and i would drive there, i'm about 45 min from raleigh, so no biggy for me! so consider 2 spots on my end!! what are we up to now, 10 or 12 people so far??? i may be able to get on more person that is into decorating to come with me too. if we need more to come.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%