Did I Miss Out On Something ?

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 4:18am by dxerebl

brightbrats Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 17

My electricity went off today. So when I turn my computer back on there are no gallery pictures on the home page. All I have is the forum box, recipes, and articles.

So is it my computer, or did they take the gallery section off, and I missed out on reading about it.

Lisa

16 replies
isabow2 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 17

That happened to me too (not the electricity part though) & I'm wondering the same thing! icon_confused.gif

Anntee Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 17

icon_eek.gif Me too!

LadyG33 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 17

ok I tough it was just me! Not sure what happened icon_cool.gif

mariela_ms Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 17

me too! the electricity didn't go out, but I still can't see the galleries... hmmm

Loucinda Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 17

And today is the first day I have uploaded pics in over a year.......maybe that is why - icon_confused.gif

isabow2 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

And today is the first day I have uploaded pics in over a year.......maybe that is why - icon_confused.gif

Haha, sorry to hear about that. Sounds like a good day to go back to bed! icon_wink.gif

Maria_Campos Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #8 of 17

what in the world!!! it was just there this morning?!? icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

Win Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:17pm
post #9 of 17

I wouldn't panic. They are working on adding new features to the galleries and probably had to tweak something. They were there earlier this morning.

erin_e Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:19pm
post #10 of 17

I didn't see anything either but I thought it was b/c I was at work! My first thought was "oh crap they found me out and are blocking the site!" lol! good to know i'm not alone in the missing pics

isabow2 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:19pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

I wouldn't panic. They are working on adding new features to the galleries and probably had to tweak something. They were there earlier this morning.

Oh I'm panicking! Those home page pics are a major part of what fuels my addiction. Without them I just feel lost!! icon_lol.gif

michellesArt Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:20pm
post #12 of 17

i just rtead in the general section that the moderators are going through the galleries to delete duplicates and different angles of the same pic to clean it up (i thought it was a glitch with my computer but no).

jer702 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:26pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy_luv

I didn't see anything either but I thought it was b/c I was at work! My first thought was "oh crap they found me out and are blocking the site!" lol! good to know i'm not alone in the missing pics

LMAO--Guilty!!! icon_lol.gif

vickymacd Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:36pm
post #14 of 17

Grrrrr, and I just uploaded the hardest cake I've made yet!!

dxerebl Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:00am
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

Oh I'm panicking! Those home page pics are a major part of what fuels my addiction. Without them I just feel lost!! icon_lol.gif

GOOD GRIEF!!! I about FREAKED when I pulled up the site and saw NO PICS and new fonts/styles/placement...... I CAN NOT pull up this site and see no pics on the first page --- I may have a coronary!!!! icon_cry.gif

Hope you get them back up soon!! icon_razz.gif

Cakepro Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:06am
post #16 of 17

Good Lord, girls! LOL

When you see a problem, immediately go to the Technical Support forum and read to see if anyone else is having problems. Had you gone there, you would have seen that Jackie posted that they are upgrading the layout here and some things are temporarily jacked up (I paraphrased that, LOL) but things will return to normal shortly, including the pictures on the homepage.

Technical Support forum....check it out before freaking out! icon_smile.gif

dxerebl Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:18am
post #17 of 17

Many kudos for the tip cakepro icon_redface.gif

I went straight to the general forum, -duh - thinking that it wasn't really a "cake" topic.... tech never even crossed my mind. icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually, the first place I looked was on the main page, the forum topic box, figuring Jackie would have put a "sticky" at the top - like her wedding sticky.

I'm still shaking my head -- can't believe I totally missed that one -

TECH -- who'da thunk it.... icon_lol.gif thx again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%