Tampa, Florida Bakers

Decorating By preciosa225 Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm by rocketmom1985

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all! I am from NYC but will be traveling to Tampa, Fl this coming week. We do not have many cake stores out here in NYC so I was wondering what are all of your favorite cake places in Tampa? I am taking an extra/empty duffel bag for my cake finds! icon_biggrin.gif

Please help!

TIA

8 replies
Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 9

Sounds like fun!! icon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 9

Hi from Florida! Although Im not in Tampa area - I just wanted to share with you what I do when I travel ..
Just google "Tampa cake decorating supplies" and a ton will come up! (I tried it all-ready!) Then you can just Mapquest from where you'll be icon_smile.gif Always works for me!
Good Luck and enjoy your trip to my home state!!

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 9

Hope you have a great time on your Florida trip. Here's a link to one of the best cake supply stores in Tampa. HTH icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakesplustampa.com/

MPGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MPGA Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 9

i live in tampa, (my english is no good), y always go to michaels, and cake plus tampa.

CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 9

There aren't a lot of cake stores in Tampa. The biggest (and only that I know of) is Cakes Plus. Just google Cakes Plus and Tampa and it'll come up. It recently moved - I don't know how the new store is. The other one was crowded, but lots of stuff. Their prices were MUCH higher than I could order for online (even with shipping added on.)

If you have access to a car, Jesters in Orlando is a playground of stuff. It's about an hour from Tampa if traffic is good. Jesters is home to fondantsource.com and they have lots and lots and lots and then even lots more cool cake stuff.

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks all for your help. I did do the google search yesterday and came up with a few places but being that I won't be there for too long I didn't want to go blindly and end up spending a lot of my time going to dead end cake supplies stores : ) I figured with all of the knowledgeable people here on cc, I'd save myself some time and get the do's and don'ts ahead of time.

I see that Tampa is pretty much like NY in this area. Not too many cake supplies stores and the one we do have is SUPER EXPENSIVE! (Yikes) I'm still looking forward to my visit. Thank God I've been forewarned so I can spend time enjoying other things during my visit!

Thanks again to all of you for your help.

Cari

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:23pm
post #8 of 9

Cakes Plus is the only thing that comes to my mind too. It's not a huge store but her dummies are phenomenal!

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #9 of 9

I was just in Tampa last month, and I made a point to go to Cakes Plus. Her shop is very nice and her gumpaste/sugarpaste flowers for sale are quite beautiful. I only have Michaels and Hobby Lobby here so it was a treat for me! And I got out of there only spending like $28! A new record for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%