Icing Recipe

Decorating By linda2006 Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm by aligotmatt

linda2006 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if anyone have/had order a cake from a grocery store like Sam Club, Ultra Foods or Zehrs...Iwould like to know what type of icing do they use and anyone know how to make them cuz i find the icing isn't sweet comparing to buttercream icing...thanx

6 replies
jammjenks Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have a recipe, but maybe they would let you buy their icing by the tub. Lots of places will let you do that.

RetiredNavyChief Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 7

I believe they use whip cream frosting. At least thats what i always got.

aligotmatt Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 7

Sam's uses Bett-R-Creme and regular buttercream. You can buy either of them by the 14lb tub (I think it is). I buy the Bett-r-creme in the summer because of the shelf life in heat, it says it can sit out for 5 days or something without expiring. It's less than $20 for the 14lb tub here.

Some people say they can buy it in liquid form and mix it up themselves, but they don't sell it like that here.

linda2006 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I don't have a recipe, but maybe they would let you buy their icing by the tub. Lots of places will let you do that.

Really????never thought of that...I should try to ask...thanx

linda2006 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

Sam's uses Bett-R-Creme and regular buttercream. You can buy either of them by the 14lb tub (I think it is). I buy the Bett-r-creme in the summer because of the shelf life in heat, it says it can sit out for 5 days or something without expiring. It's less than $20 for the 14lb tub here.

Some people say they can buy it in liquid form and mix it up themselves, but they don't sell it like that here.

I believe we don't have Bett-R-Creme icing here and Sam Club just close down...Bett-R-Creme is a Whipped icing??? like the one that Wilton's carry?

aligotmatt Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 7

I don't know anything about the Wilton icing. But the Sam's one is a whipped icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%