Store Bought Picture Transfers

Decorating By Candy12345 Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm by lchris

Candy12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy12345 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone!
I am new to cake decorating and I need to make a graduation cake for my son's 6th grade graduation. They want me to order from walmart a picture transfer of the whole class. The question is, are they easy to transfer to your own cake? Any tips or hints would be sooo helpfull!
Thank you in advance!
Candy

4 replies
katta87_2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katta87_2005 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 5

I work at walmart, all you have to do is ask for your pic to be turned into an edible image. I don't know about your walmart but mine sucks and our printer is from the stone age, so you might actually have better luck going to a king soopers (they generally have better bakery equipment). To transfer the image onto your cake you just peel the edible image off the backing and gently place on the cake, make sure it is a white surface underneath. Then smooth the EI onto the cake so there are no bubbles or wrinkles. Hope that helps!

Candy12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy12345 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for you help.Im in Maine and I don't know of any other places other than walmart that would print out the picture. Maybe I'll just see how their printer is. Thank you again!
Candy

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 5

Most grocery store bakeries will also print them for you.

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 5

I did my first edible image on the Starbucks cake in my pics.

It's just as easy as it sounds. Be sure and put it in the freezer for a few minutes before you peel the backing off. Then just put it on freshly iced cake, smooth out, and you're good!

Once you put it on, you can't move it around or anything, so be careful you place it where you want the first time.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%