Dying Marshmallows

Decorating By allisonb Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm by BeeBoos-8599_

allisonb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allisonb Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a caterpillar cake this weekend. I will be making it to look like the caterpillar on the Baby Einstien Products. I was hoping to us Twizzlers and marshmallows to make the antenae. Does anyone know how to color marshmallows red?

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 3

You could go and buy the red Wilton candy melts and dip them in the chocolate and then let them dry. Just put them on a stick and then put them in a short glass and it will stand up in the glass and dry on the stick. Hope this helps.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 3

If you have any powdered food coloring you could tint some powdered sugar or corn starch and then put it into a baggie, add the marshmallow and shake. I am not sure how well you will get it to stick to commercial marshmallows but if you make up some home made ones you can just tint them while they are in the mixer. The color will get lighter as the mallows whip. You have about 5 minutes of mixing while you are making them so that should give you a guidline. Once you have had a home made mallow you will never go back to commercial ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%