Scroll Pattern Around Cake Boarder

Decorating By jayla Updated 3 May 2009 , 4:25pm by becklynn

jayla Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 10:09am
post #1 of 7

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to pipe scrolls? I have a wedding cake that has scrolls close to bottom boarder. Does anyone have a template or any tips that will help me?

jayla

6 replies
cakedesigner59 Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 7

I want to bump this thread 'cause I was wondering the same thing. I see all these folks doing marvelous free hand scroll work, and it just escapes me!

Monkess Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 7

The mats look good. Wilton has impression mats too-are you piping on fondant or BC? I have found the Wilton scroll set with the cookie cutter-like scrolls best for piping on BC. You just lightly press in and the impression is sharp and clear. You can then just pipe away! Good Luck!

bakingatthebeach Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 7

You can draw the scroll on paper then place a piece of wax paper over it and practice. This way you get used to the hand motion. I also have the plastic wilton scoll thingys that you make an impression on the cake then pipe over the lines. The last cake I did (white one with pink orchids in my pics) I did free hand and it was pretty simple

Loucinda Posted 3 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 7

I just bought some of the clear "stamps" at Michaels -they are flexible and will be able to make the curve around the cake. (I think Norm Davis is teaching a class using those at ICES this year too.) I am gonna try them out here soon.

becklynn Posted 3 May 2009 , 4:25pm
post #7 of 7

I agree with grama_j - I bought some scroll impression mats from this seller on ebay and they are great!!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%