Website

Business By pastrychef22 Updated 10 May 2009 , 3:12am by Justbeck101

pastrychef22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef22 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:15am
post #1 of 5

Hello,

I have been in business for about 3 years now and people always ask for my website. I do not have on so I have decided that I will get one. I just happen to know a person that does websites. So what she has asked me for is what I want. So I am asking my fellow CCers for help. Can anyone show me some good examples or tell me some items or anything I need to know about how to arrange or make my site look?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

4 replies
EatSomeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EatSomeCake Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, website's are always a great idea. You can take a look at my web site for ideas, my husband did it for me based on my drafts. I'm still not completely done with it, I need him to add an about page, music and some other things here and there for visual interest but it has come along pretty fast.
www.illtakethatcake.com
I would also look at as many other cake web sites as you can, that is what I did. I didn't copy anyone's wording but I wasn't completely sure about the layout of each page so looking at other sites help a lot.

Just make sure you carefully plan each page exactly how you want it, that will make less headache for your web designer unless you want to leave it up to them to completely design it and you can just tell them what you would need each page to say.

Hope this helps!

350BakerStreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
350BakerStreet Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:35am
post #3 of 5

You can take a look at mine as well, www.CookieLane.com. I hope she won't mind but I'd also like to highly recommend you looking at www.welldressedcakes.com. Very cool site!

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 10 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #4 of 5

Hi PastryChef22....My girlfriend builds web sites, and together the two of us built mine four to five years ago....You are more than welcome to visit it, and get some ideas...If you have questions, please feel free to PM me, and I will more than happy to walk you through how we did things!
thumbs_up.gif Brownie

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:12am
post #5 of 5

Here's mine www.bakingsweetmemories.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%