Cake For A Doctor

Decorating By dunglawi Updated 3 May 2009 , 5:47am by xstitcher

dunglawi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dunglawi Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:33am
post #1 of 8

Hi, I've been asked to make a cake for a lady doctor. I'm not inot fondant yet and need ideas using buttercream.Thanks,Lisa.

7 replies
cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 8

What about a dr's coat, with a stethiscope(sorry I suck at spelling) around the neck, you could pip that, and maybe a tongue depressor in the pocket?

or a dr's bag (not sure if your good at carving), but you could have various dr tools around it.

hth.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 8

I think the bag is a great Idea. Are you considering to use atleast using gumpaste?

dunglawi Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:44am
post #4 of 8

Hi, Thanks for your suggestions. I'm ok at carving and I'm farley artistic. I'm just not sure of making instruments with buttercream. I'm not using any pliable stuff. I want to practise on my own before trying it out on someones cake. I like the tongue depressor idea. that's easy enough. the stethascope should be ok too,in butter cream as well,no?
I just love this websight.
Bye
Lisa

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dunglawi Posted 1 May 2009 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 8

Xstitcher,wow.I googled these cakes and came up with only a few And all of them had fondant accesories. I don't know how you found all these cakes but thanks. Thay're are great ideas.
Thank you so much.Lisa

xstitcher Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 8

Your welcome Lisa, glad could help.

I just did a search and picked pics that looked like they were made with bc.

[/list]

xstitcher Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:47am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunglawi

Xstitcher,wow.I googled these cakes and came up with only a few And all of them had fondant accesories. I don't know how you found all these cakes but thanks. Thay're are great ideas.
Thank you so much.Lisa

I just noticed you said you googled them. icon_redface.gif

If you do a search when your in the galleries tab here on CC you'll find these cakes there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%