Is Wasc Supposed To Be So Thick?

Decorating By luv2cook721 Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 3:49am by luv2cook721

luv2cook721 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:11am
post #1 of 11

I made a WASC tonight and the batter was more like a soft dough than cake batter. I have made it before and don't think it was so thick. It is in the oven now so I don't know if it is gonna turn out right or not.

10 replies
smbegg Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:17am
post #2 of 11

Mine is not thick like dough, but it is thicker than the regular mix. I guess you will see when it comes out of the oven!

Stephanie

Cakepro Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:21am
post #3 of 11

Something's not right. Hope it bakes fine.

cookieaddict Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:36am
post #4 of 11

WASC is usually not a doughy consistency. Do you remember if you added the required water?

luv2cook721 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:41am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieaddict

WASC is usually not a doughy consistency. Do you remember if you added the required water?

Well, I thought I did. I remember planning to add the water, but when you asked I thought about it and don't remember actually measuring the water and I checked the measuring cup and it is dry, I don't think it would be bone dry after such a short time. Oh well, I guess it is time to wash the mixing bowl and start over. icon_redface.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:42am
post #6 of 11

And breaking from my scratch only tradition, I have WASC in the oven as we speak....a freebie cake, so I wasn't about to get all scratchy. Just for general knowledge, one recipe for me made two 10" rounds, and one 8 inch round with a teeny bit left over. Which I should not have thrown out. I need four more 10" rounds, one more 8" round and two 6" rounds and I have the ingredients for 2 more WASC recipes. I think I will barely squeak by, if I go a little shallower on the 10" rounds.

__Jamie__ Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:43am
post #7 of 11

Sherri, does that sound right to you??? I think I figured it ok...if not ((sigh)) off to the dang store again!

luv2cook721 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:49am
post #8 of 11

good thing there is no such thing as a BWD ticket (baking while distracted!)

luv2cook721 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:57am
post #9 of 11

FYI the resulting flop isn't half bad taste wise. They are sad looking little cakes, but they taste good. I may slap some spare frosting on them for work or make cake balls. Probably the latter. Waste not want not. Of course, if my husband keeps eating it I wont be doing anything with it.

I can't believe I forgot the water. I feel sooooooo stupid!

Frankyola Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:15am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cook721

FYI the resulting flop isn't half bad taste wise. They are sad looking little cakes, but they taste good. I may slap some spare frosting on them for work or make cake balls. Probably the latter. Waste not want not. Of course, if my husband keeps eating it I wont be doing anything with it.

I can't believe I forgot the water. I feel sooooooo stupid!

icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif ohhh!! how sad icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif dont worry that happen to me too!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

luv2cook721 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:49am
post #11 of 11

well, lets try this again. I remembered the water this time, it made quite a difference. Maybe if I had waited till the kids were in bed the first time I wouldn't have had to do it again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%