Need Help With A Cake Idea

Decorating By steffy8 Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 1:42pm by Marianna46

steffy8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffy8 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:39am
post #1 of 4

I was asked to do a cake with "skulls" on it for a boy and a girl... I'm not into to skulls so I really have no clue what to do. Please help! icon_cry.gif

3 replies
cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 4

If you go to the "galleries" section, there is an area for templates, I know there are skull templates there. For the girl skulls just add a bow!
You could do a simple cake (rectangle, round square) and have gumpaste/fondant cut outs in the shape of the skulls. Black icing with white skull accents & pink bows on the girl skulls.
There are a couple of cakes too with skulls on them. Try searching the galleries or on google for "skull cakes"

hth

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 4

I'm not into skulls either, but in my search for a pirate cake a ways back I came across quite a few cute ones. The skulls weren't scary and the background was pink with black polkadots...I would think you can come up with a very cute design. Try searching under girly pirate, that is how I came across them.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 4

Sugarshack posted some really cute skull-shaped cookies on this site that you might be able to use as a template. HTH. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%