Fondant Online

Decorating By e2_erin Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 5:08am by nicolesprinkle

e2_erin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e2_erin Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 14

Has anyone ordered from fondantsource.com? I am looking to order some fondant and they have a good price and their shipping isnt super high like some other companies. I just want to make sure I will be getting the same quality Satin Ice fondant as the other stores not old stuff or something. is it a good company?
TIA

13 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:47am
post #2 of 14

i've ordered from globalsugarart and their pretty reasonable and quick in getting it out to you! thumbs_up.gif

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:52am
post #3 of 14

What is the BEST fondant you ladies have ever worked with?

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:52am
post #4 of 14

Ordered 40 lbs last Wednesday, recieved it yesterday. I've used Wilton, made MMF, but I prefer the Satin Ice. I love the finished look and IMO, is the easiest to work with. Price wise, Global has the best right now. I always order cutters, molds, etc . to maximize shipping costs.

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:54am
post #5 of 14

I'm slow.............IMO??? Sorry

audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:59am
post #6 of 14

f o n d a n t s o u r c e . c o m has great prices on Satin Ice

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:01am
post #7 of 14

In My Opinion

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:05am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey0522

f o n d a n t s o u r c e . c o m has great prices on

I also use fondant source, 1st because they have a good price, 2nd because they are pretty close and shipping is less icon_razz.gif

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:08am
post #9 of 14

I always use fondant source for everything I need. All of their products are the cheapest anywhere online, and they ship really fast. i am in SC, and it takes 3 days to arrive from when I order it. Plus the owner is very nice, which is hard to find these days!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:10am
post #10 of 14

Dont forget when you use f o n d a n t s o u r c e . c o m that you can put cake central in the coupon code area at checkout for 20% off! I have been ordering A LOT lately from them just for that reason...not to mention I get my stuff really quick!

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:14am
post #11 of 14

I just ordered for the first time from Global Sugar Art. I ordered several lbs. of Satin Ice. It was here in two days and I did not request rush deliver. The prices were good and I would recommend.

e2_erin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e2_erin Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:09am
post #12 of 14

thanks for the responses. im not sure why my original post was edited. Are we not allowed to post websites here for questions? icon_sad.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:16am
post #13 of 14

I ordered a bunch of Satin Ice from GSA (cheaper to order more at once for the shipping) and I have worked with MMF as well as Wilton - Satin Ice is lovely and tastes good. My kids like to sneak handfuls when I am not looking...... this is frowned upon icon_confused.gif but the little heathens don't care.

Anyway, Satin Ice is very soft and easy to work with. Wilton is hideous but works well for dummies (since even though it is classified as 'edible', I would never actually put it in my mouth). HTH

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:08am
post #14 of 14

This site is sponsored by Global sugar art so you cant put there competing website up. You need to put a space between the letters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%