"old South" Kind Of Bonnet Cake? Know Any Tutorial

Decorating By bourbs Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 12:45am by bourbs

bourbs Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:32am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I'm looking into making this for mother's day and I've looked and looked and cannot find any information on making this kind of cake. I've seen some pics of different hat cakes, but nothing like this idea.
I checked Youtube.

Any help would be appreciated. I haven't been doing this long
Tks in Advance!

3 replies
cylstrial Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 4

The only thing that I can think of is to take a really large round cake pan for the bottom like a 12 or 14 (just do a single layer of cake) and then take a 6 inch round and put it in the center of the other cake. I would probably do 2 layers for the 6 inch and then just shave off the edges at the top to make it more round.

Good luck!

bourbs Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:41am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

The only thing that I can think of is to take a really large round cake pan for the bottom like a 12 or 14 (just do a single layer of cake) and then take a 6 inch round and put it in the center of the other cake. I would probably do 2 layers for the 6 inch and then just shave off the edges at the top to make it more round.

Good luck!

Hi Cylstrial, Thank you so much for taking the time to give me some help on this, that is an awesome idea, bless your heart!

Marie

bourbs Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:45am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Good luck!

Hi Cylstrial, Thank you so much for taking the time to give me some help on this, that is an awesome idea, bless your heart!

Marie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%