First 3 Tier Cake..need Ideas On Flavours!!!

Decorating By Irishbliss Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 8:32am by bashini

Irishbliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irishbliss Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,

I am making 3 tier cake for my mums surprise birthday in May, I will have to have it finished on the Friday and it will be ate on the Saturday night.

I was going to make a chocolate cake but a few family members are asking for my maderia cake as they adore it.

Never made Maderia with a filling, what goes well with it? When you do chocolate cake do you do chocolate buttercream....I usually do but it too boring?

Should I make each tier a different combo....a little stressed at thinking what people will like...I am just a hobby baker!

If you have any ideas that you think go down well with people please advise me, would be very much appreciated!

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 7

Hi there, yes, you can go for three different flavours. Madeirs, chocolate and carrot cake or coffee cake or fudge cake.

For the madeira, you can use vanilla buttercream filling not sure whether the raspberry jam goes with it well or not. But for the victoria sponge its fabulous.

I mix ganache and my normal buttercream for the filling for the chocolate cake. You can mix tiny bit of baileys to your normal choc buttercream or maybe a hint of orange juice. Because chocolate and orange goes well together.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 7

The raspberry puree filling by melysa here on CC is terrific. I just served it in an intense dark chocolate cake and it was delicious! Bottom layer was french vanilla cake and it was refreshing and awesome. Very easy and it is very thick. Great recipe!

kyoung24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyoung24 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 7

What is maderia?

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung24

What is maderia?

Its just a pound cake, but hope this might help too,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeira_cake icon_smile.gif