Do All Cakes Rise In The Middle???

Decorating By Irishbliss Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 11:52am by khkakes

Irishbliss Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

My cakes always rise quite a bit in the middle so then I have to level quite a bit. I always make sure I spread the cake mixture so it is flat before baking and I am using high quality pans so it is not that.

Just wondering can I stop the cakes rising so much in the centre? I just can't imagine everyones does this!

4 replies
BJ Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 5

Now - this is just me - but I've found that if I lower my baking temperataure by 25 degrees and increase the cooking time to off set the lower temp - my cakes bake much more even. There is still a rise in the middle but no where near what it used to be . thumbs_up.gif

RobzC8kz Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 5

I suggust using the Bake Even strips on your cakes. They regulate the temperature of the batter and enables the cake to rise evenly without a hump forming in the center. They are very inexpensive and very easy to use!

JanH Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 5

Duplicate post, for additional responses, please also see:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-629076.html

HTH

khkakes Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 11:52am
post #5 of 5

Lowering the oven temp. and using baking strips help somewhat. I read a tip on CC that taking a clean towel and pressing down lightly on the dome when the cake comes out of the oven is the best way to deal with the dome. I've used this method ever since and it works like a charm. Do not allow the cake to cool at all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%