Happy Birthday!!! And he did a great job - I say hang onto him icon_biggrin.gif

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:46am
post #32 of 51

OMG How cute!!!! congratulations and Happy B-day thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:49am
post #33 of 51

No he didn't cover the board, he found one of my old boards that I had already used before... but credits to him for using a decorated board and not an ugly white or silver one.

pamama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamama Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:51am
post #34 of 51

Awesome! Just too sweet!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:52am
post #35 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by TantalizingTreats

Thanks everyone... he really is GREAT!! I asked him how he got the fondant so smooth on the cake and he said "oh that white ironing board thing" ... I must of had a confused look on my face cuz he then went to the cupboard and got my wilton fondant smoother... All i could do is laugh... white ironing board thing....
I was surprised that he even knew how to use it... so i asked him and he told me "well i see you use all the time.. so I thought i needed too".

What a cutie he is...

I totally asked my husband if he understood the term "White ironing board thing" and he said, "Yeah, those paddle things you use on the fondant. I don't know what the technical term is." I giggled. icon_biggrin.gif

Btw, that cake is adorable. You should have him help you with cakes sometime...he might be a natural!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:56am
post #36 of 51

Well not only did he "try" ...he actually came up with a pretty good cake for you!!!! How sweet, and thoughtful. thumbs_up.gif ..I have a bday coming up...and Im gonna be "50"...Im gonna have to make mine....lol

My kids made me one way back like 15yrs back... icon_razz.gif they were little..they thought each box was a layer of cake...well there pan was one of those turkey aluimuman (sp.) pans..not only was that cake HUGE!!!! icon_eek.gif it looked like a dirt bike track all bumpy and huge...lol, ugly little (huge thing)...but it was awesome, touched my heart...you and I both know I had to throw alot out...a big turkey pan!!!! icon_eek.gif
so they used like 4-5 boxes!!!! icon_surprised.gif I have pictures of it.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:01am
post #37 of 51

What a honey of a guy, & he has matched the candles to the board!!!!LOL. I seriously think you need to start training him to help you.

TheCakeDude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeDude Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #38 of 51

Who says guys cant decorate cakes? icon_wink.gif

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:24am
post #39 of 51

That is one of the sweetest things I've heard in a long time - how AWESOME. HAPPY BIRTHDAY belated and I'm so glad you had someone make your day so special - congrats.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #40 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2txmedics

Well not only did he "try" ...he actually came up with a pretty good cake for you!!!! How sweet, and thoughtful. thumbs_up.gif ..I have a bday coming up...and Im gonna be "50"...Im gonna have to make mine....lol

My kids made me one way back like 15yrs back... icon_razz.gif they were little..they thought each box was a layer of cake...well there pan was one of those turkey aluimuman (sp.) pans..not only was that cake HUGE!!!! icon_eek.gif it looked like a dirt bike track all bumpy and huge...lol, ugly little (huge thing)...but it was awesome, touched my heart...you and I both know I had to throw alot out...a big turkey pan!!!! icon_eek.gif
so they used like 4-5 boxes!!!! icon_surprised.gif I have pictures of it.

Am I the only one who wants to see the picture?

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:21am
post #41 of 51

Oh yeah, Charleen...I almost forgot. I hope you remembered to pay him well for that cake!

icon_biggrin.gif

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:28am
post #42 of 51

Wow, that's awesome! My husband can fix anything he lays his hands on but all he can do with a cake is eat it. Happy Birthday!

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:32am
post #43 of 51

How sweet! Pretty darned nice job too! Did not read all the posts so maybe this was asked but here goes...big question, how'd it taste?

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:33am
post #44 of 51

My husband always makes something for my birthday, too. Reservations!
Happy Birthday!

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:52am
post #45 of 51

thumbs_up.gif how sweet he is!

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm
post #46 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlin28

How sweet! Pretty darned nice job too! Did not read all the posts so maybe this was asked but here goes...big question, how'd it taste?

The cake was chocolate and it was really good... my critism was the icing... too sweet.. he forgot to add a bit of salt and since he used the left over mmf from the weekend, it was just marshmallow flavour... i made it for dummy cakes, but when I make it for a customers cake a flavoured with their desired choice... all in all.... his first cake was delicious... no complaints here... icon_smile.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:35pm
post #47 of 51

wow....hmmm what a great guy you have got there...I can just imagine him slaving over that creation. Way to go!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:19pm
post #48 of 51

thats fantastic, what a cute thing to do!! i have to say my hubby has got the bug recently, he loves doing fiddly stuff like painting on tiny writing onto show labels and making a proper premiership football and now he wants to paint all my football kits on little figures!! all i need to do now is to persuade him to actually bake my batches of cakes now, what a godsend that would be!!!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:26am
post #49 of 51

WOW! That is totally awesome!

Great guy!

Jen icon_smile.gif

bengals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bengals Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:16am
post #50 of 51

great cake great guy you are a lucky girl

Happy birthday party.gif

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:39am
post #51 of 51

Fantastic cake!

I've seen "professionals" who don't do half as good a job as that!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%