Separators-How Do You Do It?

Decorating By Lenette Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 1:22am by Lenette

Lenette Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 3

I need to a cake that has the satin (ribbon?) wrapped separators between the tiers. Do you use the same methods for supporting a cake like this or something else?

I am assuming that these are styro rounds/squares for this.

If anyone has any input or helpful hints for doing a cake in this style I would appreciate it. TIA! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 3

Yes, wrap styro w/the ribbon. Use what ever you usually use (dowels/straws/hidden pillars?) in the lower tier to hold up the styro.
Make sure you cover the bottom of the styro so you don't get any bits of styro in the icing.

Lenette Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:22am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much Kakeladi! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%