Help With This Idea

Decorating By fabfour Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 5:28pm by fabfour

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 5

Graduation is soon approaching and I'm trying to get my designs in order. One graduation party that I'm doing cakes for is 3 of my largest sheet cake. One cake is going to have their senior pictures on. The next cake is going to have a wildcat on it that is out of rkt. (I hope anyway) and the last cake I would like to have a letterjacket on it that looks like it is hanging on a stand surrounded by football, basketball, golf, track and etc. All the sports stuff will be molded out of mmf. I need ideas on how to make the jacket look like it is hanging. And the kicker is, I want even the support (if possible) to be all edible. I will try to upload a drawing, but it may be too large. (If I get it uploaded, please forgive my drawing. I can't draw for anything! icon_biggrin.gif )

Missy
LL

4 replies
becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 5

wow...this cake is going to be great!!! lets see what is edible that you can get that jacket to stand on??? what about if you make a sugar cookie....long like a rope...make like three of them and then put them together to make it strong enough to hold it up...or what about pretzels???or what about a those swirly candy lolly pops...those long tall ones!!!! i can't think of anything else......but i hope i got your idea juices flowing!!!! good luck take pics!!!

jodei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jodei Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 5

I'm not sure if this would work but how about rice krispie treats?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:58am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodei

I'm not sure if this would work but how about rice krispie treats?

i was thinking the same thing! icon_rolleyes.gif

but...if the rkt ends up being to heavy, you may want to try a 2D fondant plaque. icon_wink.gif

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 5

I've been thinking about this for the last two days. I don't know if I want make the jacket itself out of rkt and have it "standing" or make the support/stand out of rkt and just make the jacket out of draped mmf. Does that make sense? Any extra advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Missy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%