Looking For Specific Cake Pictures

Decorating By nonnyscakes Updated 2 May 2009 , 12:28pm by BarbaraK

nonnyscakes Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 5

I found three pictures on here quite some time back (don't remember how long) and I can't find them now. I just looked through 89 pages of fishing and hunting cake pictures.

The first one was a multi-tiered cake with a hunting theme (hunter, water, trees, etc.) and the cake board was covered in red flannel.

The second was a fishing theme. I don't remember how many tiers were involved, but it was all fondant. There were cat tails on the sides and a little man fishing from a boat. The colors were vibrant greens and blues.

The third one was for a retirement. It was a series of clay pots with flowers, seed packets, tools, gloves, etc. It was extremely similar to one made by kakelady.

Can anyone help me find these pictures?

4 replies
gailsgoodies Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

The first one was a multi-tiered cake with a hunting theme (hunter, water, trees, etc.) and the cake board was covered in red flannel.




Sorry, I looked but couldn't find one that has a cake board covered in red flannel.


Quote:
Quote:

The second was a fishing theme. I don't remember how many tiers were involved, but it was all fondant. There were cat tails on the sides and a little man fishing from a boat. The colors were vibrant greens and blues.




Could be:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1265536

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=887123

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1284556


Quote:
Quote:

The third one was for a retirement. It was a series of clay pots with flowers, seed packets, tools, gloves, etc. It was extremely similar to one made by kakelady.




I couldn't find a retirement cake like this in kakelady/kakelaki's pic's but here's a whole page to choose from!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=retirement%2C+clay+pots%2C+seed+packets%2C+tools%2C+gloves&album=-&search_user=



Good luck!
Gail

nonnyscakes Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you for helping me research. It's very kind of you to take the time to help. That's why I love this site and the folks who post here.

I still haven't located the picture of the one on the red flannel board. It was a really cute cake.

Those fishing cakes are adorable and I had seen them in the search (79 pages worth), but it's not one of them either.

Sorry, I had the username incorrect. The flower pot retirement cake was extremely similiar to one that cakelady48 had done. Here is the picture http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=651133

gailsgoodies Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 5

That's a very cute cake that cakelady48 made! Good luck with your search!

Gail

BarbaraK Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:28pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%