Doctored Banana Cake.....help!!! Macs Mom????

Baking By Callyssa Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 4:02am by Callyssa

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 7

I can't find many recipes for doctored banana cake? I can't even find banana cake mix, but I'm sure I've had it before! Does anyone have a great recipe, or suggestions??

I've made several of Mac's Moms recipes and loved them all, so Macs Mom, if you see this, can you please help me??!!
icon_smile.gif
Thank you all so much.....I'm a nervous wreck doing my first wedding cake this week and they just added banana cake as one the top tier. Thanks again!

6 replies
Callyssa Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:09am
post #2 of 7

Bump.....anyone, pleeeeaaase??!

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:18am
post #3 of 7

I may not be much help....but do you happen to have the recipe book titled, " The Cake Doctor"?? There are some doctored banana cake's using cake mixes in there..

Personally, I have never made a banana cake...but there are some pretty good recipes in this book and it might give you some ideas.

Rhonda

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:21am
post #4 of 7

have you tried PMing macsmom? icon_rolleyes.gif I would try that! I made a banana cake last week and it turned out like banana bread icon_confused.gif

tomatoqeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomatoqeen Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:22am
post #5 of 7

MacsMom has a great banana cake recipe in the Google doc.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

b-radz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
b-radz Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:29am
post #6 of 7

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554-gourmet.html

It is in the forums, search HELP! GOURMET FLAVORS and there is a google doc that attached in macsmom signature, click it and the banana cake recipe is included.

Callyssa Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:02am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! I saw the gourmet thread in another thread and was able to find Mac's Mom's recipe; I can't wait to try it!

tonimarie; I was contemplating just making banana bread in my cake pans, but wasn't sure how that would come out! but now I might have to try it just to see.......

I think I'm going to have to get the Cake Doctor Book, I keep hearing great things about it.

I'll give you all my "professional" opinion on the banana cake once I bake it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%