Help! Need Ideas For 16Th Birthday!

Decorating By Stephi1 Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm by jlynnw

Stephi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephi1 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 11

My oldest is turning 16 icon_cry.gif I just don't have any good ideas. He is the quarterback on the football team, his school colors are brown, yellow (gold) and white and the mascot is a cougar. Any suggestions?

10 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 11

If he is getting his license you could make a car with a gumpaste/fondant cougar driving and a football riding shotgun.

Or you could do a chocolate buttercream or chocolate fondant cake with the school mascot on top in either an edible image/ FBCT/ or cut out of fondant with at gold border around the bottom.

Or you could do a giant football cake with a gumpaste cougar sitting on top

ok - thats all i've got right now! haha

good luck!!! post pics!!

Stephi1 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 11

I really like the giant football idea! He would probably love that! Thanks janelwaters!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 11

So glad to help!!!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 11

I would look at the sports/football galleries. They have some great pics of footballs. You could do them in school colors.

Why do our babies have to grow up so darn fast????

Stephi1 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 11

I know I can't believe my little baby boy is getting his drivers license. Everytime I think about it, I feel like I swallowed a coat hanger!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 11

omg...i am going to cry for you...my daughter is turning 15 in june...i am already planning her sweet 16!!
Good luck on your cake...how about ipods...video games...cars...his favorite band...just incorporate all his favorite things...oh i am so depressed now!!!!! happy birthday to your baby!!!!

Stephi1 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:04pm
post #8 of 11

Time just flies by! One day he was a baby and it seems like I blinked and he is 6'2"!!! How does this happen????? Thanks for all the ideas!!! Whatever I decide to do - I know it's going to be hard to decorate a cake properly thru teary eyes!

jlynnw Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:07pm
post #9 of 11

mine just recently told me she wants to get married next spring. She will be 18!

Did you watch last cake standing? That might give you some ideas as well they did the last cake on sextuplets turning 16.

Good luck with planning the Sweet 16, both of you. It seems almost like a wedding. Cutting the cord is so hard!

Stephi1 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:19pm
post #10 of 11

Married!!?? At 18??!! That's way to young! Oh, wait, I did that too! Didn't seem like a big deal then, but it sure does now! Tears for you Jlynnw!

jlynnw Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 11

I guess it can't be that bad if you did it and now your planning a sweet 16, what is for a guy? How is cake planning going, better get back to topic

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%