Need Help On How To Do A Few Techniques

Decorating By Heavenlydelights107 Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 4:38pm by brincess_b

Heavenlydelights107 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 3

1. What color do you use to get a fuschia like pink/purple?
2. I want to make some Silver sparkly polka dots, almost with the look if I used real glitter?
3. I want to make those firework looking thingies come out of the top of the cake ( I think wire maybe?)

Please help me out!!!

2 replies
sandy1 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 3

To make firework sprays: in advance make royal icing decorations ,i.e. stars, flowers etc.. let dry. For each spray, gather 10 lengths of wire and fold in half. Cover the bottom 1 1/2 inch of folded end with florist tape. Position firework sprays into flower spikes. This information is from the 2003 Wilton yearbook.

brincess_b Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 3

1) i dont know if there is that colour readily available or not, im in the uk, so its all different im afraid! it might be a case of mixing your own.

2)you can buy various things. a good tip is to colour your icing grey first. it depends on the finish you want, but it sounds like you are after disco dust like not sure how edible that is. you could also use lustre dust, although it might not be sparkly enough.

3) there are many different ways to do this. it is floristry wire, and which guage you need depends on how heavy the object is, and how straight/ bendy you want the wire to be. most people use between a 16 and 24 guage.
gumpaste/fondant: you can insert the wire before it dries. you can let it dry, heat the wire, and insert. you can lie the wire on the back of the item, and with edible glue cover with a patch of fondant/gumpaste and let dry.
chocolate/ royal: really the same idea, either lay the wire in when it is still wet, or let it dry, and use more chocolate/ royal to attatch.
technically the wires arent support to just go into the cake, so you can put them in a flower spike, or others use straws, filled wth chocolate/bc/royal/fondan to hold it. you can also coat the wire going into the cake in chocolate/ royal.

didnt mean to type so much! but hope it helps... t all kind of depends what you are doing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%