My Hat Is Off To You...

Baking By beachcakes Updated 3 May 2009 , 3:39am by Taz-from-PR

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 8

All you fabulous cookie decorators - I don't know how you do it!! I bow down to you!

Boy are they time-consuming. I made 5 dozen 3" NFSC for my son's bake sale at school. They're raising money to go to a Mets game, so I made Mr. Met. With 60 Mr. Met heads staring at me all weekend, it got a little creepy! icon_smile.gif

To top it all off, they only sold them for 50c apiece because someone's mom made chocolate chip cookies that were larger than Mr. Met. Hers sold for $1. I'm sure it didn't take Chocolate Chip Mom two days to make her cookies!!! I'm still cleaning up Royal Icing... icon_sad.gif

So, ladies, my hat is off to you! By the way, how do you make them so perfect and uniform? Mr. Met started looking evil by the time I was done!

7 replies
KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 8

Oh those cookies are so cute ! Darn those big chocolate chip cookies....yours should have sold for $1 each easily ! I bet your son and his friends loved the cookies. and yes, I can see that those grinning faces would get a little creepy after awhile , LOL!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 8

Oh, my! I LOVED your Mets cookies! Definitely worth way-y-y more than 50 cents!

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 3 May 2009 , 12:21am
post #4 of 8

Oh that just burns me that they sold them for .50 cents!!! They are really cute and I can see how much time it took to make them.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:18am
post #5 of 8

those are adorable!

sigh.
yeah, you never know with bake sales - don't expect much from them.
here's the real question: did they sell quick?
I'm sure they were an absolute hit!
(take heart from that icon_wink.gif )

they should be $3 each.

btw, I posted a note about how long my cookies take - WAY too long!
you have to love it icon_lol.gif

aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:37am
post #6 of 8

50 cents! What a steal! Your cookies are so cute! I bet Chocolate Chip Mom got hers from Sam's club. lol

Yours probably tasted better because they were made with love! icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:27am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcakes

To top it all off, they only sold them for 50c apiece ...

IDIOTS!!! icon_mad.gif

Taz-from-PR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taz-from-PR Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:39am
post #8 of 8

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif After all that work? I feel terribly sorry for you because I've been there too. Only 50 cents... icon_cry.gif As I said a few days ago...., people think that because they can eat the cookies in seconds, that is the time it takes to make them! icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

Thank God Cake Central exists! Here we can liberate our feelings and get emotional support.

My hat off to you too. I saw your photos and they all are awesome icon_eek.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%