Women's Spring Tea... Cake Ideas?

Decorating By wendysue Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 2:49pm by bebea

wendysue Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 4

I've done more than enough teapot cakes and would like to do something different now! lol Any ideas? This cake will serve around 20 women and should be fun, but not overly complicated. I love doing shaped cakes, so I'm open to this, but if it looks like a teapot I'm going to have to pass! lol

3 replies
grannys3angels Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 4

Could you do something like a round cake and make it look like a garden area with a round table satting in the center, that has a table cloth on it with a tea type place setting made from fondant....(small teapot, plates, cups, tray, tea biscuits).

You could even do fondant stepping stones, grass, small flowers. I guess want I am trying to say, is make it look like a garden tea party or afternoon tea setting.

Hope that this help you with coming up with a design idea for your cake, good luck!
God Bless,

brincess_b Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 4

hat, hat box.
flowers - either piped or fondant/ gumpaste arangement on a basic round, maybe a 3d flowerpot, with cookies? or just 2d tulip shaped cake? or a round with daises up the side? vines all over a cake.
a summer dress.
butterflies... could pipe them out, something 2d, 3d might be too aventurous, lol.
something with some cute modelling of animals?
wine bottle cake - or a cheese like cake with mice?
hope that helps!

bebea Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 4

i love the hat cakes - my mom has done several. they were always so much fun. she would just go crazy w/ flowers - even did one w/ basket weave to look like a straw hat covered in flowers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%