Tendinitous?

Decorating By sherirose Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 10:51am by brincess_b

sherirose Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 10:12am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone. Has anyone other than me experienced tendinitous (excuse the spelling of the word) in the wrist area from cake decorating. About 3 weeks ago I tried to make my father in law a fish cake, well the fondant was not cooperating so I kept kneding and kneeding util my hands could not take it any more. Needless to say he did'nt get his cake that I killed my wrist over and know I am paying because I can hardly do any thing with my left hand icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Any body got things like this to report.

3 replies
mrsunknown Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 10:19am
post #2 of 4

sorry your in pain thumbsdown.gif no i haven't experienced this beofre but i think if i keep going at this fondant to try and make it come together i am going to be feeling your pain lol

newnancy Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 10:25am
post #3 of 4

You're not alone........I take ibuprofen or tylenol before I start doing anything. I finished making icing yesterday & the sifting alone almost killed me. I need an electric sifter (never heard of one though). I try to stop & take breaks more ofter & stretch my fingers & hands. I've got some fondant work to do this week & my hubby is going to help. Pace yourself where you can take more breaks, maybe that would help. You could have carpal tunnell.......Good Luck

brincess_b Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 10:51am
post #4 of 4

i share your pain. i have something very similar, and it can be tough. go get a splint, that helps a lot. ibuprofen gel has helped a bit too.
but it might be you need to go see your do to get the strong stuff!
just now, im happy kneading my colours in, but if i end up doing this properly, i will probably buy in.
you will figure out a way to manage most things, and who you can get to do the other things!
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%