Hey Y'all! Need Help...again.

Decorating By KidMcWonder Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 5:20am by ClassyMommy

KidMcWonder Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:50am
post #1 of 9

Hi ladies (and gents!).
I'm making a cake this weekend for my supervisor's baby shower. It's a pretty big affair, so I'm a tad nervous.

My question...she doesn't want chocolate (I will also be making chocolate cupcakes for those who DO want it), so I was thinking of a plain white cake infused with real strawberries. The problem is I don't know what would be a good, easy to make filling to go with. I was planning on vanilla BC, but thought having a filling would give it an extra kick.

I've seen threads on here with different flavors, but is there one out there that would go great with white cake and strawberry?

8 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:06am
post #2 of 9

Plain SMBC...no vanilla....I have actually grown pretty fond of it now without the vanilla, and I still don't get a buttery taste, it's very lovely. I would advise you to pat those berries dry first and after you put them on the SMBC, and stack, keep it refrigerated as long as possible. MMMMMMM.....I want some berries and SMBC now.

ClassyMommy Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:11am
post #3 of 9

I like to make a "mousse" with a small box of pudding and 1 1/2-2 cups of heavy cream. Just blend it until it thickens up. Cheesecake pudding would be yummy or just plain vanilla. Sometimes you can find white chocolate. The only thing that sucks is then the cake has to be refrigerated. I just like it because it is fast and easy and tastes really good. Hope this helps.

KidMcWonder Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:13am
post #4 of 9

Thanks, both of you!
About making the mousse and then refrigerating (sp?)...will it harden in there? I'll pull it out for a bit before the actual party...would it thaw ok?

SMBC...I've never made that before, but I hear it's delicious. Hmm...

liapsim Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:16am
post #5 of 9

Just a really good cream cheese icing sounds good to me! almost like a strawberry cheesecake!!!!!

__Jamie__ Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:59am
post #6 of 9

It will harden, but bring to room temp, a cool room, about 2 hours before hand...if you choose the SMBC. I like the cream cheese suggestion too. BTW...made some cream cheese SMBC Saturday.....wowee!!

jesus-saves-us-7 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:07am
post #7 of 9
Originally Posted by liapsim

Just a really good cream cheese icing sounds good to me! almost like a strawberry cheesecake!!!!!

This sounds awesome!! I want some, lol.

MacsMom Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:16am
post #8 of 9

I love this versatile filling:

Truffle filling (can be made with white chocolate or dark chocolate, too. Great to add LoRann flavors to, like creme de menthe)

16 oz cream cheese, softened
4 c milk chocolate chips (2 bags)
1/3 c butter
1-1/2 t vanilla
2 c PS, sifted

*Beat the cream cheese. Melt the chocolate and butter together in microwave; beat into cream cheese. Add vanilla and PS; beat well. It thickens as it cools (you may to pop it in the fridge for a while). You can soften it for a few seconds in the microwave if it gets too thick to spread.

For strawberry I make it with white chocolate chips and use strawberry cream cheese, flavoring it more with strawberry extract. Or, just leave it white chocolate!

You can also fold in whipped Bettercreme or other whipped topping for a lighter filling - this one is pretty fudgey. I soften it inthe micro to spread it on the cake, and when it is sliced into it's like soft fudge.

ClassyMommy Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:20am
post #9 of 9

Yes, the mousse has never given me any problems with thawing, I have eaven taken it out minutes before the party and it was fine. I love MacsMom's recipes too, but sometimes it is just nice to do something quick and easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%