Multi Wheeled Dough Dividers For Cutting Fondant

Decorating By scottiemommy Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 7:20am by patticakesnc

scottiemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scottiemommy Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:19am
post #1 of 6

It seems these adjustable dividers can cost from $20 to $150 but they all look the same. I need to be able to make even strips of fondant for some decorations and was looking to get one of these, but since I have to buy it on line, I was wondering if anyone had any sugestions on which name to buy. I figure that the cheaper ones may have wobbly wheels or poor construction or something and I don't want that. But I don't want to pay an arm and a leg if I don't need to.

Any sugestions?

Thanks!

5 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:57am
post #2 of 6

I have heard that some people use those rolling herb mincers found at Target and places like that. They aren't adjustable though...one size strips!

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:10am
post #3 of 6

I've wondered about this also; hope someone knowsicon_smile.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:14am
post #4 of 6

I found this:
http://cakesbysam.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=21868&category_id=268

As I recall, at a day of sharing several years ago, Sam said she was having someone create something like this for her, so she must have come up with a successful prototype. The demo pictures show that it seems to do a good job.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:18am
post #5 of 6

I have a herb mincer from Target. It was five or six dollars and it cuts strips that are about 1/4 inch. Because it's metal, they have a nice clean edge. I did notice when I was buying it that not all of them had the wheels evenly spaced, so if you get one, check it first.

I also bought the ribbon cutter that Wilton makes. I've never been happy with it, actually I don't use it. It likes to tighten up too much or to come unscrewed, and it leaves ragged edges instead of the nice clean edges that metal wheels leave. If I need wide strips, I use a flexible ruler and just lay it on top of the fondant, then cut with a small pastry wheel (which I also bought at Target).

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:20am
post #6 of 6

p a s t r y c h e f . c o m Has good quality products. Look under the tools then knives, spatulas and cutters. They have them there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%