Multi Wheeled Dough Dividers For Cutting Fondant

Decorating By scottiemommy Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 7:20am by patticakesnc

scottiemommy Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:19am
post #1 of 6

It seems these adjustable dividers can cost from $20 to $150 but they all look the same. I need to be able to make even strips of fondant for some decorations and was looking to get one of these, but since I have to buy it on line, I was wondering if anyone had any sugestions on which name to buy. I figure that the cheaper ones may have wobbly wheels or poor construction or something and I don't want that. But I don't want to pay an arm and a leg if I don't need to.

Any sugestions?

5 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:57am
post #2 of 6

I have heard that some people use those rolling herb mincers found at Target and places like that. They aren't adjustable size strips!

craftyone65 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:10am
post #3 of 6

I've wondered about this also; hope someone knowsicon_smile.gif

SugarFrosted Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:14am
post #4 of 6

I found this:

As I recall, at a day of sharing several years ago, Sam said she was having someone create something like this for her, so she must have come up with a successful prototype. The demo pictures show that it seems to do a good job.

Texas_Rose Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:18am
post #5 of 6

I have a herb mincer from Target. It was five or six dollars and it cuts strips that are about 1/4 inch. Because it's metal, they have a nice clean edge. I did notice when I was buying it that not all of them had the wheels evenly spaced, so if you get one, check it first.

I also bought the ribbon cutter that Wilton makes. I've never been happy with it, actually I don't use it. It likes to tighten up too much or to come unscrewed, and it leaves ragged edges instead of the nice clean edges that metal wheels leave. If I need wide strips, I use a flexible ruler and just lay it on top of the fondant, then cut with a small pastry wheel (which I also bought at Target).

patticakesnc Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:20am
post #6 of 6

p a s t r y c h e f . c o m Has good quality products. Look under the tools then knives, spatulas and cutters. They have them there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%