Help With Shirleyw's Bavarian Cream Filling

Baking By KathyTW Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 8:03am by ceshell

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 2

Has anyone else tried this recipe? I made it for the first time yesterday and the flavor was outstanding, and I thought to myself "man, I can make this in any flavor imaginable" and I could hardly stop myself from eating it right out of the mixer.

Here's my issue: I used 1 cup pastry pride, 1 french vanilla pudding, about 2 Tbsp hot water and about 1 Tbsp "Cheesecake" flavored Torani syrup.

I made it according to the directions, when it was all mixed it was light and creamy. I filled two different cakes with it. After finishing the cakes I went back to the mixer and the remaining filling was stiff and airy kinda like over whipped mousse.

Did I not use enough liquid? Did I overbeat it? Any ideas? The flavor and ease of making this filling makes me what to use it over and over but I'm so scared of what the filling is like inside the cakes that I made - did it stay soft or did it stiffen up like the remaining stuff in the mixer?!?

Any help will surely be appreciated!

1 reply
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 8:03am
post #2 of 2

It sounds like the stuff in the mixer dried out a bit! I have used this recipe a few times; I keep the mixer covered with a wet towel or plastic wrap if I am leaving it to stand with leftover filling inside...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%