Groom's Cake Question(S)

Business By kellertur Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 6:04pm by Kitagrl

kellertur Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:53am
post #1 of 4

I'm in the process of obtaining copyright permission and should know by tomorrow. This is for a "Tranformers" Groom's cake... this whole process is "more than meets the eye" icon_rolleyes.gif

The bride and bride's maid are coming for a tasting on Sat. She's coming over 100 miles for this tasting, so can you please tell me your thoughts on this. They also plan on picking up the cake when completed. So~ **I was just informed the cake will be served at the wedding. Should I stick to the "sole provider" clause for a Groom's cake? Or just the Bride's? I have no idea who's doing the wedding cake, but will probably ask.

I'd hate to lose out on this oportunity (I LOVE sculpted cakes!!!), but can bad things happen when two cakes are provided by separate vendors?

Thanks for your patience with my rambling. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Kitagrl Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:30am
post #2 of 4

I get called alot more for groom's cakes than wedding cakes, as many brides will get the wedding cake included with their catering deal, and then call me for the groom's cake as a gift to the groom.

I don't worry about it....if people like my cake, they are going to ask the bride who made it....and its still going to get my name out. Some people don't even serve it, and others do.... I figure I'm getting my money for it and they are happy so...what's not to like. haha.

kellertur Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for responding.

Do you treat a Groom's cake like a wedding cake (signed contract, deposit, etc?) or like a regular cake that happens to be going to the wedding?

I'm sorry if this sounds dense, I'd like to do as professionally as possible.

thanks icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 4

Usually I do a contract for them.

Occasionally someone just orders one as if it were a party cake and wants to pick it up, and in that case I don't do one. I usually do contracts for deliveries, I guess. Not sure why, it just works out that way I guess. I guess because with a delivery the customer is not always present, so you want to make sure you both know what is going on...but for party cake pickups they are right there picking it up and so any problems that arise can be taken care of immediately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%