Frozen Transfer With 'gel'? Does This Work?

Decorating By Regan Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 1:34pm by Rhonda19

Regan Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:08am
post #1 of 3

I am going to be making a Power Ranger cake soon and to get the image I figured I would just do a frozen buttercream transfer but then I was just thinking if I used the 'gel' icing the colors would be more vibrant but I have never really done either of these, I did a sample try with buttercream but not the gel. Any and all help is very appreciated.

Thank you!

2 replies
BigTexinWV Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 3

I am unsure, but I do know that last week I tried to do a frozen transfer using colored piping gel. It did not work. AT. ALL.

If the sugar content is to high then it will not freeze.

Just squirt some of your gel on wax paper and freeze it over night and see what happens.

HTH

Rhonda19 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 3

I probably will not be any help....but, I have done the transfers just using the piping gel. I did a Spongebob cake for sister a few years ago, and the picture is in my photos on this site...if you want to look.

I didn't have any trouble doing it, but recently I had to do a badge for a man's b-day cake. It was very detailed so I thought I would do the piping gel thing. It didn't really work. The badge had so many details, that were so close together, the piping gel ran together. I ended up trying the buttercream transfer, but I need more practice on it. (LOL)

Ended up just doing the badge free hand. I am currently trying to download the picture of a new camera and not having much luck!!

Good Luck with your cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%