I Hope Everyone Reads This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lounge By nickshalfpint Updated 14 May 2009 , 1:01am by ptanyer

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 10

Please read this blog!
http://www.kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/

I have been following this story from the beginning. Kayleigh was born the day before my son was born, they were the same age, weight and height. Sadly my son didn't make it and watching this little girl overcome all the hurdles that were thrown in her way has in some weird way helped me deal with it a little better. I was sooooo sad to see that after her heart surgery something went wrong. She had a lack of oxygen to the brain and they have basically said there was no hope for her. She is only 10 months old and I can't even imagine what these parents are going through right now. And on top of it all they both work in the real estate industry, which we all know hasn't been going all that great. I can't imagine what their medical bills are right now. So I wanted to put this on here to let more people know about Kayleigh and her family. If we could all donate a dollar, could you imagine how much that could help them. And even if you can't donate anything at this time, I know your prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this! Kristen

9 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 10

Kristen, I am so sorry to hear about you losing little Sonny. Having never been through anything remotely close to that, I cannot even imagine how hard that would be for you and your whole family.

I read about little Kayleigh some time back and am so glad you posted this. Posts like these sure make me appreciate my own even more.

Take care,

nickshalfpint Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:08am
post #3 of 10

Thank you. It was very hard, and it does make you appreciate the ones you have even more. My 7 year old tells his friends that he is extra lucky because his brother is an angel. When I heard him say that I just started crying (happy tears). It's funny the way kids look at things.

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:33am
post #4 of 10

Kristen so sorry for your loss! I'm glad you posted this. I think more awareness is essential. I they thought I had IUGR with my daughter so I was luckiy enough to go 2 weeks past my edd. I would gladly donate a 1$. I will follow this post.

Kelley

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 8:02am
post #5 of 10

oh wow. just reading your post brought tears to my eyes. *hugs* and you're so lucky to have your own angel.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you so much for posting this!! I have been wanting to, but with the site messed up I hadn't.
Quite a while back someone posted this link, an I have been following this ever since.
I can't even being to imagine what the Freeman's or you have gone through.
May God bless both of you!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 10

I sent them a donation too. Any help would be most appreciated, I'm sure.

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 14 May 2009 , 12:06am
post #8 of 10

I just started following her blog and was so sad to see that she first had brain damage and now has passed away. Her poor parents. At least she isn't hooked up to machines anymore and is happy now. What a sad, sad story. I have spent many sleepless nights reading all the blogs now! With 2 healthy kids and 2 early on miscarriages, I had no idea what it's like.

nickshalfpint Posted 14 May 2009 , 12:28am
post #9 of 10

I know, I was so sad to hear that she passed away. I watched the show "The Doctors" that they were on and I just cried and cried. I feel so bad that they lost her, but happy that they had her for 10 1/2 months. I know they definately need our thoughts and prayers right now.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:01am
post #10 of 10

My heart breaks for both families. I lost my grandson in 2001. He was born on January 16th and died January 23rd. He was 1 lb 13 oz when he was born. He developed gram negative meningitis and finally he was so bad that the doctors told my son that the kindest thing they could do would be to let him go. The doctor was keeping his heart beating with chest massage. They made the decision and the doctor kept Nathan alive until he could be baptised. Once they turned everything off, he slipped away and went to heaven. I was lucky enough that when Nathan's mom got to hold him for the 1st time, I was there and able to get photos. I got to hold him after he passed away and we were making funeral arrangements.

My son and girlfriend were so distraught that they couldn't deal with taking him back to the town we live in and so I voluntered. The hospital provided clothing and a small casket that was hand made by volunteers to the hospital. I put the casket in the front seat with me and put my hand on it and never moved my hand for the 2 hour trip home. Leaving him at the funeral home was so hard...

I am now blessed with a 4 yr old granddaughter who is the light of my life and I talk about her quite often in my posts. I know Nathan is in heaven watching over her and one of these days I will take her to his grave, so that she can lay flowers on it as I do.

God bless you and keep you. My prayers are with you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%