[B]Rinestones On A Wedding Cake?[/b]

Decorating By JamieBrooke Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 8:01pm by Peachshortcake

JamieBrooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamieBrooke Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 6

I have gotten a request for a rinestone, bling bling, bright colored wedding cake to do in a couple weeks. I was wondering is it safe to use rinestones or jewels on a wedding cake. I just have a fear of someone eating one and chokeing on it. Please if anyone has any advice or tips or any ideas they want to share with me I am all ears (eyes, since I am reading). Do you use rinestones or Gems on cakes???

5 replies
destinyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destinyrn Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 6

Hi

Here is a website that has edible cake jewels. They have a lot of different colors too. HTH

http://www.fancyflours.com/large-diamond-cake-jewels.html

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 6

ive seen it done, you just need to make sure that who ever serves the cake knows they cant be eaten. might be a PITA taking them off though!
xx

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 6

I think the jewles at Fancy Flours are pretty large..... I may be mistaken, so take a look, but Global Sugar art has some molds that are varied in size, and you could make edible ones.... I think I would take them off anyway, just because they would be HARD (like a sucker or hard candy).......to bite down on, but they would be safe as far as being edible.......

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 6

They sell sugar gems and sugar diamonds. Google them and you will find quite a few places that sell them. I just bought some for a Baby Phat cake I have to do.

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 6

What if you put the rinestones on to gumpaste accents that can be removed before cutting?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%