Not Sure How Much Cake... Help Please!!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 10:26pm by kakeladi

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing my first "real" (for someone other than a friend) wedding in a couple months. The bride isn't sure if she wants cake (but knows she wants at least 1 tier to cut). She wants choc. strawberries, cake balls, truffles, and maybe 1 more bite-sized dessert. Now the hard part - she wants to know if I think (on top of all these desserts) she should have enough cake to feed all of her guests, half of them, or less? Anyone wanna take a stab at this?! I'm not sure what to tell her. She'll be having about 150-170 guests.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 4

Well..I think that a decision the bride should make on how much cake she wants..That sounded harsh icon_redface.gif ....sorry...what I mean is if she is having all these other desserts on top of cake then I would ask her how many guests she wants the actual cake to feed..I would think maybe 100-130 for cake as the rest will eat finger desserts and some won't want anything at all.Usually when there is other small desserts you only make 1/2 the amount of cake for guests.Also do not include the top tier in the count as the bride and groom usually keep that for their anniversary.It really is a tough call as you never do not want to run out!

Laurel thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 4

No I understand - it's kind of annoying because it's not my choice! I know she probably just wants some help figuring it out, and doesn't really know, but neither do I! lol. Thanks!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 4

I agree w/the advice already given icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%