First Time - How To Place An Edible Image On Mmf?

Decorating By Lovelymeets Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 9:03pm by Lovelymeets

Lovelymeets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelymeets Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 4

Hi

I need help icon_sad.gif
This is my first time with edible image. The cake is a red velvet with cream cheese frosting covered in MMF. the edible image is on rice paper.
How do i place an edible image on MMF. Do i spray MMf with water or place buttercream on that portion of MMF on which the image will be placed?

Whats the best option, i dont want the image to bleed. the cake will not refrigerated till the time its cute, that is nearly 7 -8 hours from now.

need your suggestions and help.

Thank you

3 replies
Goonergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goonergirl Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 4

I always print out my edible images on rice paper. To attach them to fondant, I use glucose. I spread it evenly and thinly on the back of the image using a soft paintbrush being careful not to tear it, and making sure to get the edges. Sometimes it wrinkles a bit, so if anyone else on here has any other suggestions, I'd be interested in hearing them. There are a couple of examples in my photos. Hope that helps.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 4

I believe you can also use piping gel or corn syrup, spread very thin if you're using rice paper.

I'm curious to know how your images turn out when printing on rice paper. Do you get good sharp picture quality detail? With the rice paper being so thin, does it tear easily in the printer?

Lovelymeets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelymeets Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

I believe you can also use piping gel or corn syrup, spread very thin if you're using rice paper.

I'm curios to know how your images turn out when printing on rice paper. Do you get good sharp picture quality detail? With the rice paper being so thin, does it tear easily in the printer?

Hi

I got the edible image printed from a local bakery and they mentioned to me that it was rice paper. yes the image was pretty good.
I spread some buttercream on the fondant(only the area that the image will be placed) and placed the image on.
So far so good. I cake is on its way to the party and i will be able to see the actual result when i go there in another couple of hours icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%