Cookie Help For The Cake Baker!

Baking By coldtropics Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 3:39am by coldtropics

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 6

hi everyone....
im hoping you guys can lend me a hand here...i need to do 75 cookie for a baby shower... regarding the recipes I plan on using nfsc or pennys & antonias Ri. I've done these before but am not super great at cookies which is why I need help. I am also doing a 10'' round & 75 cupcakes. the customer wants a baby time of day theme... like feeding time, changing time etc. she wants the cookies & cake in pink & white and the cupcakes in various pastels all with a clock theme. Any design ideas, i would like something that looks very clean but still pops! A clock is so boring... Should I use all royal, fondant with royal accents or fondant/fondant? thanks so so much cookie pros!!! oh..ps she doesn't wnt the expense of pkging 'cello bags&ribbons' how can I package these so that they arrive alive?

5 replies
toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 6

coldtropics
If you aren't experienced with RI on cookies, you might want to try fondant. I love Michele Fosters Fondant, easy to make easy to use. Her recipe is on here in the recipe section.
Thats pretty much all I can help with.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtropics

oh..ps she doesn't wnt the expense of pkging 'cello bags&ribbons' how can I package these so that they arrive alive?

Use the NFSC that works for me everytime. My lastest batch spread but that is because I did not let the dough chill overnight! So ...don't miss that step.

Next to make this many will take forever - but if you use fondant with a texture mat - it will be done in a jiffy and will still look and taste professional. Not sure about the theme..I used onesies. Sometimes you have to take the wheel and drive a little. Half the stress is figuring out what the design is going to be.

I wrapped plastic wrap around the bottom half and twisted at the top - added a nice yarn bow - also I added a color print out of a thank you tag.

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 6

I actually like the idea of doing a clock cookie, but instead of using just numbers use things like baby bottles, diapers, etc in place of the numbers. This will make them more fun and not just boring old clocks. You can either use fondant cutouts for those items, or pipe them in. That just depends on which you'd rather do. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:14am
post #5 of 6

I'm with aggiechef.....I think the clock idea is great. You could just put a larger diaper or bottle or whatever in the middle of cookie with the hands extending from it to the numbers.......just an idea. HTH icon_smile.gif

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:39am
post #6 of 6

wow guys.. i had never thought of using an impression mat or using tiny baby decor for the numbers on the "clocks" thanks so much... uhhh....no i wont be piping that stuff with royal... my hand isnt steady enough nor do i have the skill to get away with that kind of tiny detail.
thanks again you guys have certainly pointed me in the right direction.

jen icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%