Big Huge Favor??? Anyone Have Photoshop?

Decorating By tinygoose Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 3:57pm by gscout73

tinygoose Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 16

Ok, I know this is a lot to ask, but I don't have a good photo software program that can do this. I've been asked to make the attached cake for my friends wedding. The pic is an orange cake, but the bride wants all white fondant with pale silver & pale blue luster dusts on the flowers. Is anyone out there willing to rework this photo in photoshop or some other program? I know it's alot to ask, but I am having so much trouble visualizing this in white. No problem if I don't get any takers, but I thought i'd ask. I really appreciate it. Thank you.
LL

15 replies
lordbuffington Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 16

I have Photoshop (I'm at work), but I have NO CLUE how to use it. I'm sorry! I imported the photo in to PSCS3 but I really don't know how to do anything. I'll keep playing though, and if I come up with anything, I'll send it your way icon_smile.gif

Pebbles1727 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 16

Sure have photoshop. Can give it a try tonight and see what happens, it shouldn't be that complicated I think. I don't know about blue and silver luster dust portion of it, but white should be pretty easy. Can you wait till tonight or tomorrow morning or is it an emergency?
P

CrystalEyez Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 16

i have photoshop and i'm a graphic designer by day. i'll take a stab at it tonight.

SweetMelissa2007 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 16

I was going to say I would try but I'm not great with photoshop and if crystaleyez is also a graphic designer, i'll let her give it a go!! Good luck!

Dizzymaiden Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

Ok, I know this is a lot to ask, but I don't have a good photo software program that can do this. I've been asked to make the attached cake for my friends wedding. The pic is an orange cake, but the bride wants all white fondant with pale silver & pale blue luster dusts on the flowers. Is anyone out there willing to rework this photo in photoshop or some other program? I know it's alot to ask, but I am having so much trouble visualizing this in white. No problem if I don't get any takers, but I thought i'd ask. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

I will try. Is it too late?

tinygoose Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 10:35pm
post #7 of 16

Wow, you guys are so cool!! Thanks so much!! Please don't spend alot of time on it, it's not that important. The longer I sit with the cake the better feel I get for it in white, just thought a pic would help. I really appreciate your efforts. Whoever wants to call it; I'd feel bad if five people were working on the same thing. Thanks again!!

fondantfrenzy Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 10:42pm
post #8 of 16

was going to offer, but who better to do it than a graphics designer....he he he he..hers would probalby look way better than mine!

CrystalEyez Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:21am
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzymaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

I will try. Is it too late?

go for it dizzymaiden, i got caught up big time in some work shortly after replying. i don't think i'm gonna have the time with the projects at work and getting ready to attend the great american cake show

txsteph Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 2:57am
post #10 of 16

Is this what you wanted? It is the best I could do.
LL

tinygoose Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:37am
post #11 of 16

That's great! Thank you for taking the time. CC'ers are soo nice.

txsteph Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:39am
post #12 of 16

Your Welcome!!

Pebbles1727 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:28am
post #13 of 16

Here is one more_quick edit. Hope this helps. I think it will look really nice in that color scheme.
P
LL

tinygoose Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 6:33am
post #14 of 16

That's cool. Your right, it's going to look good in white! thanks so much!!

Rhonda19 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:10pm
post #15 of 16

I saw your message yesterday too. I have Corel Paint Shop and came up with this.....
LL

gscout73 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:57pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1727

Here is one more_quick edit. Hope this helps. I think it will look really nice in that color scheme.
P

Wow, nice job editing the pic. I'm impressed!! You turned a tacky cake into a very nice idea. I wish I was as talented. I have photo editing software and could use some lessons on making this type of editing. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%