How Do I Stack A Two-Tiered Pillared Cake?

Decorating By chefshez Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 12:40am by chefshez

chefshez Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 4

I need to know how do do this as my neighbour has asked me to do it for her wedding. I already have done tiered cakes on top of each other but need to know how to do it using pillars. I need a detailed description as she wants soft cream cheese frosting and i dont want the pillars to sink into it and cant use seperator plates as the icing is going to be yellow in colour. Also need to know how the top tier will sit so it doesnt fall off when we carry it down stairs. If anybody could help that would be really awesome. Thank you!!!! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
indydebi Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 4

OK, I don't understand what the color of the icing has to do with it, unless it's just a personal preference.

I'd say the push in pillars would be your best bet. You can find them on the above link provided by justbeck.

Why do you need to carry it down stairs already assembled? Carry it in two pieces and set the top tier on the push in pillars when you get there. I'd NEVER carry a pillared cake already assembled, let alone down a set of stairs.

chefshez Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:40am
post #4 of 4

Thanx everybody for your help. The reason why I stated that the icing will be yellow is because seperator plates come in silver, gold, white, ivory, i didn't want to miss match colours. Thank everybody, now i just have to find push in pillars and square seperator plates, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%