Explain Yourself...

Lounge By Calejo Updated 9 Jun 2007 , 4:34am by eagerlearner

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 4:19am
post #91 of 188

My name is Amy and my nickname since I was 5yrs old has been Amous. I use Famousamous for everything web related.

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 4:35am
post #92 of 188

Well Godiva has been by web name since 98'. Came from Lady Godiva, whose husband proposed that she ride her favorite horse naked in town in order to grant tax relief the the peoples (that was the deal)...Anyhow, found this legend interesting, aswell as the moral behind it...Stand by what you belief in no matter what!

The avatar? Didn't think you'd like me on my horse...

Newbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbie Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 4:45am
post #93 of 188

I love this topic! Briansbaker yours is the one that intrigued me for the longest time. Ntertayneme I've always thought yours was terribly clever!

As for my name, I'd been decorating about a month when I found this site, so it was a natural! My avatar is my anniversary cake - I plan to change it from time to time.

Cake Central continues to be a great community and a fun place to be!

nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 5:31am
post #94 of 188

Nernan comes from my neice who couldnt say Ian ,my husbands name, and it came out Nernan, so its really stuck to him like glue and i use it for everything now.

RhondaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RhondaK Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 5:57am
post #95 of 188

Well, mine is pretty simple as well. That's my name and the first initial of my middle name - Rhonda Kay icon_cool.gif

As for the avatar, I haven't yet found one that suits me well enough to add it. If anyone has suggestions, let me know!! I obviously love to do cakes, but I love cooking in general (I'm italian, after all!) and I also love to sing (I'm italian, after all!). Oh, the possibilities....

thecakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakegirl Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 6:00am
post #96 of 188

Hi all,
What a great read...
Anyways, the cake girl came from people talking about my cakes...they would say "You know, the cake girl....whats her name?" So everyone started calling me "the cake girl". So now thats whats on my business cards!
I saw that avatar and thought it went well with my name...I sure would love a sparkly one though!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 7:21am
post #97 of 188

I love this thread! thumbs_up.gif I knew Cheryl's name ntertayneme the 1st time I saw it!! icon_lol.gif

This is the 1st chance I've had to get on CC today. I have to tell my story icon_wink.gif

The tc is my initials (Tina Chambers), a lot of people call me that. Turtleshell is my family nick name. It was given to me when I was 2 years old. Here's where turtleshell comes from...

My Dad has 5 brothers. One of whom is only 4 years older then me. We were like brother & sister growing up (actually still are). Anyway.. he was mean as hell to me. icon_mad.gif He was always doing mean things to me & I always took it like a tough girl! I could always keep up with him too. One day he caught a small snapping turtle & brought it to me to play with, mind you I was only 2. icon_eek.gif I played with it for a while (without it bitting me) & then he put it up to my finger!!!!! That thing bit my finger & wouldn't let go!! My Mamaw finally got it to let me go!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif That's where I got turtle from. My middle name is Michelle so that's where the shell came from. I haven't heard anyone from my Dad's side of the family call me Tina in 36 years! Turtleshell has always been my name icon_lol.gif Oh.. I was named Michelle after my Mamaw's dog!! (Only in Louisiana!!!) cowboy.gif

When I was a teenager family & friends started giving me all kinds of neat looking nick nack turtles as bday gifts & when they would go on vacation they would always find me a turtle. I have so many turtles now it's unbelieveable! That's why I started collecting angels & Fire Dept stuff like dalmations & firetrucks! icon_biggrin.gif

Lisa made my avatar too!! If I remember correctly mine was one of the 1st ones she made. I LOVE IT!!! I have a turtle that has a fire helment on but I can't do anything with it. I'll have to ask Lisa to work with it~ She's great at this stuff!!

I know how Squirrelly got her name but I won't tell shhh.gif She's been busy helping her daughter with a wedding cake. When she comes back I'm sure she'll tell her story~ thumbs_up.gif

Great thread!!! icon_smile.gif

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 10:53am
post #98 of 188

Hi ya! Well my name is pretty simple. First name Tammy last name Crema...business name is CremaCakes...everybody loves it thinking yum cream becaue Crema stands for Cream...So I am so glad I married an italian man with a good last name! haha! Now as for my avatar. Flayvurdfun(sp) she is the one who found it for me. I am an Air Force Wife and prior Air Force myself. I am very patriotic, love my country, love my military, and love the military families....I'm just very glad that I am able to show it on this website in my avatar.
TUGGY, I'm so glad you posted. I've been dying to know if your avatar was you and I'm glad to know that it is so now I know!

witch_boots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
witch_boots Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 3:28pm
post #99 of 188

Very interesting topic!! thumbs_up.gif I figured out ntertayneme one night while 'working' and reading the posts. My name is one I've had for many years now. At my previous job, I was knows as 'spooners2' which is the German meaning of my maried name (Loeffler) I was trying to come up with a new email name and someone walked past my desk and asked why I always wear 'witch boots' I love this style of boot and wear them all the time...and since Halloween is my favorite holiday, it just kinda stuck. The avitar is a pic I actually found on the internet of a witchboot!

oohlalacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oohlalacakes Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 3:40pm
post #100 of 188

My name is oohlalacakes because every time my daughter sees something yummy, like my cakes, she says "Ooh La La!". So that's what I'm calling my "business" too. As far as my avatar, I absolutely adore Strawberry Shortcake, so much so that my friends say I need intervention. icon_rolleyes.gif

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 3:53pm
post #101 of 188

I have to send out a public thanks to Lisa-

check out my avatar-his spoon is spinning!!

THANK YOU!!!

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 4:20pm
post #102 of 188

icon_wink.gif Hello,,I was just reading all the posts on the subject of names and got a real kick from how everyone aquired their names...

My cake business name is "Cakes R Simple By Kathy" because I like to keep my cakes I do on the simple side. I'm really not into those really REALLY beautiful cakes that we see on the Food Network shows, etc... I know they take a lot of time and patience.....
My site name as you all know is Crashdummy2. I aquired this because of how when your driving on the roads and freeways when there's a cake in your car. It seems like a radar thing goes airways, and then you have this huge target sign on your car. So you have to try to avoid them. The number 2 comes from how many years I have been doing cakes.

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 4:35pm
post #103 of 188

Hey all !
Awesome thread! I feel like i've learned so much icon_smile.gif
I am proud to say ---- I sounded out ntertaynme in the beginning because she was always the sweet one leaving feedback on my pics icon_smile.gif

Anyway --- edc is like a company acronym like CEO or something Jen is for JEnnifer and V is for Von Handorf --- It's a creative way to get around having one of the most common first names ever (next to Mary and Sarah!)

CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 5:19pm
post #104 of 188

In a way, my mother gave me my name!

Years ago, I was dating a guy that was just plain WRONG for me. After breaking it off with him, my mother encouraged me by saying that someday I would find just the perfect guy, that he would treat me with respect and love .... and that we would be as happy as two bugs in a rug!

She was right ... I met my husband shortly after that .... we have been married 11 years and have two kids. So now, we are as happy as FOUR BUGS IN A RUG!!

I love my mom, she's the best! icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 5:53pm
post #105 of 188

This really is a great thread...'splains a lot of things! I got ntertayneme right away, I think from reading "ego" license plates, sometimes you have to use your imagination! I saw one last night that was NO WEI (had to think about it a minute...but I think it means No Way, guess that was already taken!)

My initials are V (I don't tell what the V stands for) and J for Janice and I'm from Texas, so that is easy, and not terribly creative. My avatar is the cake design my son did for my business cards, and is a play on my name. Lisa animated it for me, thank you again, Lisa!

Janice

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 7:06pm
post #106 of 188

This is a cool thread, anyway mine is also simple. My favorite flower in the whole world is an iris, and I especially love it when the irises are in bloom, so irisinbloom. When I first became a member flav found my avatar and I will always be greatful and use this one.

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 8:30pm
post #107 of 188

my name is simple i'm a lady who started bakeing cakes in 1994.flav also found my pretty angel avatar for me.

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 8:34pm
post #108 of 188

How do youlike the avatar lisa found for me? I love it. It is all me. Anyone who knows me personally knows this is me! Thank you lisa soooo much!!!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 9:36pm
post #109 of 188

I am so excited-Lisa found one for me too! THANK YOU LISA!! You are still the reigning Queen of AVATARS!!!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 9:41pm
post #110 of 188

Great topic. My name isn't creative at all, but I use it for everything because I can remember it! icon_lol.gif Cindy, because my first name is Cindy, or that's what I go by anyway, mm, first letter of my middle and last name and 4, the number of children I have.

My avatar is a picture I found when I was looking for something to put on my business cards and has the mixing bowl, the dishtowel, the rolling pin, I make lots of cookies and pies for customers as well as cakes so this avatar fits me.

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 10:03pm
post #111 of 188

Mine is simple as well.....b for my first name Berta...little is my last name....6 for the # of ppl in my family.....me, hubby and 4 kids = blittle6!!!!

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 1:22am
post #112 of 188

Where are you all finding your avatars? They are great!!!! Will you all help me with one? TIA MC

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 2:50am
post #113 of 188

My name is just who I am at heart! A sun worshiper! Not that I'm all leathery and "blackend", but just that I love being out in the sun. I truly HATE being cold!

My business name is "It Takes The Cake" and I havn't found an avatar that really represents that, so I used the closest cute one I could find! Frankly, I don't have time to look anymore these days! I'm so busy!

When I'm not doing a cake, the rest of my life needs catching up on. I'm sure you all can relate to that! I just love this site too! thumbs_up.gif

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 2:57am
post #114 of 188

I just wanted to say that everyone here is just the best. This is the greatest site ever.

My sign on is the name of my "used to be business" in Colorado. Haven't gotten legal here in TN yet. All the avatars are just great. I would like to know where you got some of them....I would love to have a little southern belle or something baking related.

ump107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ump107 Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 3:54am
post #115 of 188

My screen name is a combination of my nickname when I was in the Coast Guard and my operator Number from where I work now. My last name is Umgelter and when I was in the coast guard one of the guys started calling me Umpy ( I dont know why) and it stuck. For my avatar I have always liked Garfield and I read his comic every day. I used to have just a plain non-animated Garfield, Flayvurdfun found this one and sent it to me and I have kept it since.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 5:07am
post #116 of 188

Well, hubby and I feed the squirrels and anything else that shows up in our backyard including dogs and cats that escape from the vet behind us, haha! In fact at Christmas time, hubby buys 50 and 75 pound bags of walnuts and such so they have special nuts in the winter when they won't disrupt our neighbours gardens by digging, the rest of the year it is seed and unshelled nuts.
Anyway, haha, hubby wishes them a Merry Christmas and talks to them, well so do I. He refers to himself as Daddy.
So this one fall, I went out to feed the squirrels and this smaller than average little squirrel kept coming over to me and climbing on my foot and chattering away. I watched him and though he was trying, he wasn't actually eating anything. Everytime I went out, he climbed on my foot and chattered away. It struck me as odd that he was so small and didn't appear to be eating. So I called the local Wildlife Centre and was told that this was a baby squirrel and likely something happened to the mother. The squirrel knew enough to try to get help, can you believe it? It was too young to eat the regular food squirrels eat and if it did, it would ingest the seeds and nuts into its lungs and die. So we scoured the property to find a nest or other babies and could find nothing. As it was getting cold, we were told to take the squirrel into the Wildlife Centre, so I scooped it up into a baby blanket lined box and made hubby drive us 45 minutes to the centre. To insure that the squirrel was put into a foster home, you had to call every day. They gave it our last name and I had to call. Well, my oldest daughter thought it was all very funny and when I got my new computer, she set up my email with the tag, Squirrelmamma. And for hubby's birthday, I made him a cake and put three little royal icing squirrels that I had made on top of it, with acorns. So there you have it, Squirrelly Cakes. Yes, I am nuts!
Lisa was kind enough to give me my avatar, gosh folks take pity on my and I actually have a dancing squirrel on Ladycakes and www.r-bdesigns.com and an additional squirrel avatar.
Hugs Squirrelly

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 5:16am
post #117 of 188

Glad you finally told the story! I was trying so hard to keep my big mouth shut!! LOL!!!

SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 5:23am
post #118 of 188

Heehee, it is kind of a dumb story, but then, that suits me, haha! You should see the squirrel collection, I have, hhmn! My sister keeps trying to talk me into using the name, "Squirr-elle", she thinks it sounds, well a little less nutty, haha!
Hugs Nutcase

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 8:36am
post #119 of 188

I love it that you and DH take care of those little squirrels! Squirr-elle sounds a little more classy, not quite so nutty, but then Nutty or Nutcase could fit a lot of us as cake decorators!

Speaking of feeding the animals, I wish everyone would go to www.animalrescue.com and sign up. For a click a day they feed a rescued animal, it's free to you, and they even send you an email reminder everyday. They have lots of neat animal related items for sale, but you never have to buy anything. Hope you will check it out!

This is so much fun, learning about all the great folks on CC! Janice

SORRY: the website is actually www.animalrescuesite.com. thumbs_up.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 3:27pm
post #120 of 188

Thanks for mentioning that site, I am a'clicking, haha! That is a wonderful site with excellent links!
Interestingly, animals that are well fed are less susceptible to diseases such as rabies.
With so much natural habitat being cleared out to make way for housing or business development, we have infringed on the food and shelter supply for our little critter friends.
We try to plant things that will provide a natural food supply for the creatures too.
When we see what we feel is a lost animal, we attach a collar to it with a note enclosed in plastic with our telephone number to call, if the animal is identified. Then we feed the animal. If we don't get a response in 3 days, we call the Humane Society and bring the animal in. When the temperatures get cold, dogs and cats are very susceptible to viruses. One beautiful cat that we rescued had to be put down because she couldn't fight the virus even with antibiotics. It breaks your heart sometimes. That particular cat made us very angry with the owners. We found out later that they had seen our note and just ignored it, they were tired of looking after the cat and decided to let it fend for itself. Imagine, the cat was declawed, so it had no nature defenses. We have learned that we cannot take these animals in as the exposure to our two cats would be high risk.
But there have also been a lot of happy reunions with owners, so that makes it worthwhile!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%