Urgent Need For Strawberry Wasc Recipe

Decorating By cookieaddict Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 4:15pm by gypsycake

cookieaddict Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:47am
post #1 of 11

I am trying to make a strawberry cake, already tried one recipe and it was a total disaster. I was wondering if anyone tried using strawberry puree in the original WASC. I love WASC and was hoping to do the same with strawberry.

Please help.
I need to bake it tomorrow.

Heeeeeeeeeelp.

10 replies
mygirlssweet Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:55am
post #2 of 11

I just made the Strawberry Cake from Scratch recipe from this site. It's yummy. Made two 12" cakes for my daughters birthday party both turned out great.

ConnieSue Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:03am
post #3 of 11

Here is one that I used for my daughter's wedding

Strawberry cake:
1 box white cake mix
1 box strawberry mix (it's too sweet and too moist with 2 strawberry mixes)
2 c cake flour (or 1-3/4 AP flour + 1/4 c cornstarch)
2 c sugar
1 pkg white chocolate pudding instant
1-1/2 t salt
1 c vanilla liquid coffee creamer
1-2/3 c water
8 egg whites
1/4 c oil
3 containers (6oz) strawberry yogurt

Eme Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:04am
post #4 of 11

As long as you incorporate the puree as part of your liquid it should work fine. Decrease the sugar to 3/4 of a cup, mix the puree with a small amount of water (say 1/3 cup water to about 2/3 cup puree) and use 1 stick of butter, melted. As this is mixing, watch the texture. If it seems a bit thick, then add a little more liquid. I would also add some strawberry extract, maybe 1/2 tsp.

If you need more info you can pm me.

HTH

Justbeck101 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:10am
post #5 of 11

Can't you just sub one box of the white with a box of strawberry and the flavoring with strawberry?

panchanewjersey Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:18am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirlssweet

I just made the Strawberry Cake from Scratch recipe from this site. It's yummy. Made two 12" cakes for my daughters birthday party both turned out great.

Which recipe was that from scratch, I would love to try?

cookieaddict Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 11

Thank you all.

I tried a from scratch recipe I found on a site, the cake turned out purple because of the yellow from the eggs and butter. It looked like a blueberry cake rather than a nice pink strawberry one.

I could substitute with a strawberry flavored box mix too. Justbeck101, I will try that.

I'm just not very good at baking, so don't try anything unless proven to be right by others. Eme, i will do that with my second try at the cake.

Eme Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eme

As long as you incorporate the puree as part of your liquid it should work fine. Decrease the sugar to 3/4 of a cup, mix the puree with a small amount of water (say 1/3 cup water to about 2/3 cup puree) and use 1 stick of butter, melted. As this is mixing, watch the texture. If it seems a bit thick, then add a little more liquid. I would also add some strawberry extract, maybe 1/2 tsp.

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Should have mentioned that this was for one box mix. All the other ingredients would then be the same as normal: flour, eggs, sour cream, pudding (if you use it). I have my recipes broken down to individual boxes - didn't specify that! Sorry!

GayeG Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:36pm
post #9 of 11

Here's mine ...
Almost a WASC but not icon_lol.gif

Strawberry Cake

1 box white cake mix
1 (3oz) box strawberry jrllo
1 (10oz) box frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
4 lg eggs
1/2c veg oil
1/4c water

Preheat to 350

In lg bowl combine cake mix and jello. Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil and water. Beat at med speed until smooth. Pour into prepared pans and bake 20 mins (adjusting time for larger pans). Let cool 10 mins in pan, remove to wire racks, cool

HTH ~ Gaye

marccrand Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 11

Just did last strawberry WASC last week. Usually I puree thawed frozen strawberries, but didn't feel like pulling out the processor, so I just squeezed them in my fingers. I think I liked that better. Used 1 cup strawberries - maybe a little more, and only 1/3 cup water (only doing half-batch). It was SO YUMMY! Had a little extra batter so I made a cupcake for me and bf, put a little Cool Whip on top and went to town! I do add a little pink coloring - it bakes kind of brown.

gypsycake Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:15pm
post #11 of 11

I use the strawberry cake mix instead, add 1/2 cup of chopped stawberries well drained per cake mix (either frozen or fresh) and add 2 tsp of strawberry flavor and ice my cake with strawberry flavored butterream. Hope you like it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%