Peacock Colors...am I Close?

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm by __Jamie__

__Jamie__ Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 9

Making a cake with embellishments (scrolls, swirlies) made from rolled and curled GP. Peacock colors requested. I didn't use brown, but I think I am pretty good so far. If I am way off base or it just looks ridiculous...PLEASE say so. I don't wanna disappoint the bride (cousin, free cake, bbbbbut still!)

The dummies the pieces are drying on have the color dust on them, so they look dirty, they aren't. Toothpicks are holding their shape until they can dry. These will be applied to the base of each cake, and they already have a toothpick in the very bottom pieces to stick into the foamcore at the base of each tier to help stick in addition to being stuck to the buttercream.

Thanks for looking, and if I can do anything to make it better...please suggest! Cake is due Wed night though, THIS Weds....strange night for a wedding, I know, but whatever. I am also not done makin them, they will have a lot more than this, but I took a pic halfway thru just to get some opinions.
\\
Thanks guys!
LL

8 replies
juleskaye518 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 9

I'm thinking a bit more green, like a brighter green. The scrolls look great!!

pastryjen Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 9

I googled Peacocks and the green changes in every pic. I LOVE the shape of the scrolls. The colours are great for my liking.

sugabear Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 9

I think you're definitely going in the right direction. I think a deeper blue and a brighter green would make it perfect. Kind of like in the picture I've attached. HTH.
LL

__Jamie__ Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 9

The green was what I was most concerned with too! I am going to lightly rub some crisco on those parts when it's all done and go back over it with more green. The dust is dark green for sure, but when the GP piece is too dry it just doesn't stick good. Crisco takes care of that!

__Jamie__ Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks guys...yep, deeper blue too. I'm gonna have to add some purple and go over it with shimmer powder, cuz my blue is just a shad too light! Thanks again everyone!

sugabear Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:02am
post #7 of 9

Have fun and don't forget to post a picture when your done....I know it's gonna be amazing!

ApplegumKitchen Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:12am
post #8 of 9

The feathers are sort of a jade, blue, green, mix.

Jenny, a fellow Aussie Caker won 1st Prize at the Brisbane Show with this peacock cake

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3200/2785170421_8ba9273db1.jpg?v=0

Do you get the Edable Art (yes! that is the correct spelling icon_smile.gif )Disco Glitter Dust over there - because the Peacock Colour is fantastic - it is like all shimmery hologram style with blue/jade/green all mixed together

Look here to see what I mean

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CAKE-DECORATING-EdAble-Art-DISCO-GLITTER-Range_W0QQitemZ110382192002QQihZ001QQcategoryZ102391QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

__Jamie__ Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #9 of 9

I love that disco dust....gonna get some of that soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%