Will Never Buy From Home Baker

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 1:13pm by ntertayneme

lesalyric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesalyric Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:14am
post #181 of 353

If you read only the first page and last pages of this it is hilarious. The inmates have taken over!

lesalyric Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #182 of 353

Obviously Niliquely and I are totally on the same page! icon_biggrin.gif

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #183 of 353

I've been keeping up with this post and OMG...you ladies are freakin HILARIOUS!!!! I haven't stopped laughing yet. I haven't posted too much since I joined but goodness gracious I'd hate to be missing out on such great comedy. As a home baker myself, I think this is just funny...I also think this lady gets the drift since she hasn't posted a reply yet.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #184 of 353

bakermommy4 we joined on exactly the same day........I've got almost 2000 posts, you're still a *NEWBIE* icon_eek.gif OK now I'm really embarrassed icon_redface.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:18am
post #185 of 353

[quote="shannon0407Can't you just saran wrap kitty? [/quote]

Once, when my kids were small, I was trying to paint a room. I complained to my neighbor that, everytime I had my roller full of paint and ready to go, my daughter needed me for something. The neighbor said, "Oh, I read somewhere that you can just pop them into a Ziploc bag and they'll be okay." I said, "Oh, that sounds good, but I'm not sure she'd fit."

My neighbor looked HORRIFIED -- I thought she was going to run home and report me to Child Protective Services. She never did have a sense of humor!!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:19am
post #186 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

bakermommy4 we joined on exactly the same day........I've got almost 2000 posts, you're still a *NEWBIE* icon_eek.gif OK now I'm really embarrassed icon_redface.gif

*coughaddictcough*

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:20am
post #187 of 353

I totally speak sarcasm - right there with ya!

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:22am
post #188 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Once, when my kids were small, I was trying to paint a room. I complained to my neighbor that, everytime I had my roller full of paint and ready to go, my daughter needed me for something. The neighbor said, "Oh, I read somewhere that you can just pop them into a Ziploc bag and they'll be okay." I said, "Oh, that sounds good, but I'm not sure she'd fit."

My neighbor looked HORRIFIED -- I thought she was going to run home and report me to Child Protective Services. She never did have a sense of humor!!

My ex hubby used duct tape to secure his little cousin to the wall so he could clean the house without her messing it up!

Wait saran wrap... I use duct tape for my cats. Well except the butt which gets a premie diaper! The dogs... they are shaved. They just come in so handy, their tongues make a icing covered wisk sparkle like new in no time! Who needs to wash them! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:22am
post #189 of 353
Quote:

Yeah, but now that she's outed herself, what makes her think we're going to allow her to shrink back to her cake closet?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Niliquely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:23am
post #190 of 353

He he - when dkelly said that about 2000 posts the song "Just can't get enough" suddenly popped in my head! icon_lol.gif

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:24am
post #191 of 353
Quote:

[quote="shannon0407Can't you just saran wrap kitty?

My neighbor looked HORRIFIED -- I thought she was going to run home and report me to Child Protective Services. She never did have a sense of humor!![/quote]

ROTFLMAO!! That is so freakin funny!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif That totally sounds like something I would say. Especially to someone who is unable to take a joke.
That brightens my day up just thinking about the look on her face. icon_razz.gif

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:24am
post #192 of 353

oh don't be shame dkelly...i go to school full time...i have four girls ages 10,6,4,and 2...I've just got my cake business off of the ground (from home too LOL). I don't have time to do anything...this site has become a breath of fresh air for me over the last couple of days...I'll catch up with you in no time...

Oh, and JGMB...they should start making those ziploc bags bigger!!!LOL

Niliquely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:26am
post #193 of 353

I would think my cows tongues would make lovely spatulas for smoothing, I mean honestly have you felt those things??!!! I need to tell DH I need a cow in here for my decorating...I think I could find something for the tail to do...

playingwithsugar Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:27am
post #194 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakermommy4

They do! I saw these jumbo storage bags, just like ziplocs, in Dollar Tree last week. They were large enough to fit a small child in.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lesalyric Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:27am
post #195 of 353
Quote:

[quote="shannon0407Can't you just saran wrap kitty?

My neighbor looked HORRIFIED -- I thought she was going to run home and report me to Child Protective Services. She never did have a sense of humor!![/quote]

I had to explain this to my DH because I cracked up so loudly. Thanks for the laugh.

shannon0407 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:28am
post #196 of 353

now how come when I hit the "quote" button my post is coming up looking like it was part of the other person's post?

obviously i'm slightly confused about technology you guys so please be patient with me...

playingwithsugar Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:29am
post #197 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niliquely

I think I could find something for the tail to do...

Could you teach it how to write the messages on birthday cakes?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #198 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakermommy4

oh don't be shame dkelly...i go to school full time...i have four girls ages 10,6,4,and 2...I've just got my cake business off of the ground (from home too LOL). I don't have time to do anything...this site has become a breath of fresh air for me over the last couple of days...I'll catch up with you in no time...

Whew............I feel much better now! icon_biggrin.gif My kids are away at college and it's just hubby and me now.

You'd think that *laundry* would keep me off of CC, now that we have the house to ourselves...........lately my machine is stuck on the *quick* cycle icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey bakermommy4 don't be a stranger, stick around we'll get you out of the *newbie* status before you know it. icon_biggrin.gif

Niliquely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #199 of 353

Which part?!?! icon_twisted.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #200 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Quote:

I think I could find something for the tail to do...

Could you teach it how to write the messages on birthday cakes?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Or how about cake painting? Think "fan brush" icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Niliquely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:32am
post #201 of 353

Hey, this time I know what *laundry* is!!!!! Which reminds me....its getting time to do that again.....(DH thinks we need another child)

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:33am
post #202 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

Quote:

*coughaddictcough*

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Would you like some Robitussin? icon_biggrin.gif

shannon0407 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:33am
post #203 of 353

dkelly i'm sorry I had to look. That was only 13 min in between posts. Go back and do more laundry girl!!!

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:34am
post #204 of 353

I read this thread earlier and just had to come back to it,its soooooooooo entertaining ladies!! I'd rather have an eggshell than eyelashes or like boogers in my cake icon_razz.gif anyone could just as easily get a shell in there scrambled eggs.I am a home baker, and am very careful,but still apt to make mistakes baking.Maybe this ML who made the cake,made an honest mishap and it wasn't very visible to her.I do have to say I landed a job at my local grocery store bakery,thought this would be great!! I lasted 3 and 1/2 hrs befor I was ready to puke litterally,and was afraid to touch all the nasty wasty items that hadn't been properly cleaned,and I said they could keep the job. I would much rather by from the home baker. I do not have my own bakery yet(hope to someday icon_cry.gif ),but it certainly wouldn't be kept like a superfresh or walmart etc.

playingwithsugar Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:34am
post #205 of 353
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

Quote:

*coughaddictcough*

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Would you like some Robitussin? icon_biggrin.gif

Hairball? See, we told you to wrap up the cat! icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:34am
post #206 of 353
Quote:

Hey, this time I know what *laundry* is!!!!! Which reminds me....its getting time to do that again.....(DH thinks we need another child)

Do you guys only do *laundry* when you want another child? icon_lol.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:37am
post #207 of 353
Quote:

He he - when dkelly said that about 2000 posts the song "Just can't get enough" suddenly popped in my head! icon_lol.gif

I heart Depeche Mode!

Niliquely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:38am
post #208 of 353
Quote:

Do you guys only do *laundry* when you want another child? icon_lol.gif

Uh....no....it just is more frequent.... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:38am
post #209 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0407

dkelly i'm sorry I had to look. That was only 13 min in between posts. Go back and do more laundry girl!!!

icon_lol.gif I'm alone tonight, my DH took my Son to the Sox/Yankee game, I was supposed to go but my Son BEGGED me to let him go instead.

So the only *laundry* getting done tonight is the real kind. icon_biggrin.gif

Niliquely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:40am
post #210 of 353

WHOA dkelly - laundry by yourself - hey now hey now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%