Will Never Buy From Home Baker

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 1:13pm by ntertayneme

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:28pm
post #31 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niliquely

So yeah, a little ticked about this thread....I'm a licensed home baker... icon_evil.gif

Hey, my dad works for Frito Lay and I can tell you what IS in your corn chips!!! Believe me, it is WAY worse than eggshell in your cake! icon_lol.gif

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE, DON'T TELL US!!! wait! I found out what was in my ketchup and I still eat it...like soup! go ahead, tell us...

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #32 of 353

I agree with ignoring these post ... because as you can see .. the OP ALWAYS post the comment THEN you dont hear from them again until about page 20 something ..
I'm pushing that big, red IGNORE button!!

dmhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmhart Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #33 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhart

I think post like this are done just to get a negatve response. It seems like we have some forum post just to get people riled up. I think these post should be ignored.

By the way, I going to my kitchen right now to fix brownies for my kids to take to school tomorrow for a treat. GASP icon_eek.gif .......hope the kids and teachers aren't aganist eating brownies from a home kitchen. I think NOT!! icon_wink.gif

I think you're right. After posting my response, it occurred to me that the CC community should make a vow collectively to simply ignore these kinds of posts in the future. If you read a post that is clearly intended to offend or that appears to not really be asking any legitimate question, let's just not respond and let it die from neglect. I'm going to make that my new policy.

I agree, that's sounds like a good policy for me too. thumbs_up.gif

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:32pm
post #34 of 353

Goodness there is more drama on here than General Hospital! It seems that the past several weekends have had at least one inflammatory thread. Never a dull moment! icon_smile.gif

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:33pm
post #35 of 353

you want to hear something really gross...once i was eating pork rines and i got one that still had hair on it......lol

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:34pm
post #36 of 353

I don't see how the egg shell immediately means 'no more home bakers'.....could happen to anyone.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:37pm
post #37 of 353

I'm a licensed, storefront, commercial facility, and I think your subject line was inappropriate.

Sometimes I wonder about expectations ..... reminds me of the bride who came in and during the sampling, when she commented how much she LUV'D my grean beans, started complaining that she went to a wedding ".....and the caterer used canned or frozen beans!" I said, "Well, NONE of us grow our own, so what are you expecting?"
icon_confused.gif
Get a little real.

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:38pm
post #38 of 353

Dad says the strainers and washers can only filter so much of the corn....tiny things like weevils often end up in the corn chips. They are actually allowed a certain percentage of non-corn "stuff" according to him.... icon_twisted.gif
Now a little eggshell doesn't seem so bad does it?!?!
Hey, I still eat hot dogs all the time and I know what it is in those things! icon_lol.gif

all4cake Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm
post #39 of 353

I was informed by inspectors (1 from state and one fda), that weevil eggs exist in ALL flours and they hatch when factors are right....could be at plant level, could be after it's been in your home for a month...but the eggs are there!

cata262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata262 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #40 of 353

Jajaja!! )At least she used real eggs... so dont complain. I sure the home bakers are a lot more cleaner than any big bakery....

I went to subway and I got hair in both of my subs... now thats gross... and i still buy there; just make sure that i dont get the same girl.

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:47pm
post #41 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhart

I think post like this are done just to get a negatve response. It seems like we have some forum post just to get people riled up. I think these post should be ignored.

By the way, I going to my kitchen right now to fix brownies for my kids to take to school tomorrow for a treat. GASP icon_eek.gif .......hope the kids and teachers aren't aganist eating brownies from a home kitchen. I think NOT!! icon_wink.gif

Ditto! I was going to write that these types of forums should be ignored.. She's trying to start trouble and I will not waste my time on her/him.

Niliquely Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:50pm
post #42 of 353

I read in Heloise that a bay leaf in your flour will keep the weevils out of it...

all4cake Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:52pm
post #43 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Phoenix

Personally I would MUCH rather have a little egg shell in my cake than the LONG BLACK hair I got in the last store bought one!

Not that I actually have a preference...I'd rather not find any hair...but I'd rather find a long black one than a short 'n' curly icon_eek.gif one!

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:53pm
post #44 of 353

Oh Shelli I am with you! I have totally had a pork rind with hair still on it. I tossed that one before devouring the rest of the bag. That stuff happens. It would have only grossed me out if I had already eaten half! icon_smile.gif

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:54pm
post #45 of 353

At least egg is a product in cake... it's like getting a pea or something, that would freak me out more...

My friend bought a bag of frozen fruit at a Super Target for making smoothies. She made one and was drinking out of the straw and chunk was caught on the end, pulled it up and it was a finger tip!!!! After vomiting for a few hours she went to Target to complain, they just refunded her the cost of the fruit, less than $4 for a finger tip in her smoothie!

Niliquely Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:55pm
post #46 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Phoenix

Personally I would MUCH rather have a little egg shell in my cake than the LONG BLACK hair I got in the last store bought one!

Not that I actually have a preference...I'd rather not find any hair...but I'd rather find a long black one than a short 'n' curly icon_eek.gif one!

Oh my gosh that is so gross but I am so laughing my butt off right now! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:56pm
post #47 of 353

Well like someone mentioned before...this woman has never worked in the culinary field...I've quit a restaurant because budget was more important than sanitation. She'd really be upset to find out she's eating a steak that fell on the floor because of the "no waste" policy at her local fine dining establishment.

A little eggshell? Could have been so much worse...the post title makes it seem like she found a critter in the cake ya know.

Ok, I'm done...off to my kitchen/bakery to do some home baking for an upcoming bridal shower.

Niliquely Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:57pm
post #48 of 353

Now, see, a fingertip - THAT is disgusting!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:01pm
post #49 of 353
Quote:

Dad says the strainers and washers can only filter so much of the corn....tiny things like weevils often end up in the corn chips. They are actually allowed a certain percentage of non-corn "stuff" according to him.... icon_twisted.gif
Hey, I still eat hot dogs all the time and I know what it is in those things! icon_lol.gif

'
OMG!!!! I can't believe you wrote this .....I am sitting here eating BBQ and Doritos......ohhhhhh....but i love my Doritos!!!!!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm
post #50 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

ohhhh.....how I want to comment.....but I did take my meds today so I will be nice.

I don't have time to fuss anyway....I have to go bake in my home bakery kitchen....

You our friend, are the funniest thing around! When I see your post - I always know I'm gonna get a smile!! Thanx for that! Us "home bakers" can always use a smile or two to get thru our daze!!

aWWW... I can't take credit...it's the meds not me!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:12pm
post #51 of 353

Anyone else here think that our Miss Bundtdiva is upset that she wasn't asked to make the wedding cake? icon_lol.gif

BTW I see she hasn't posted any pic's of her infamous *bundts* icon_biggrin.gif

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:13pm
post #52 of 353

Hey, 'dig this'...... bought french bread at a bakery here.... bit into it and guess what? A strand of hair..... yuck!!!! Will never buy bread from a bakery again?
That is just a shallow, seem prejudice, 'ignorant' statement to me. At least egg is an ingredient, hair is not. You can't put everyone under the same umbrella.
Also, one guy breaks your heart -- dig this...... never date a guy again.
I by no means want to seem controversial.... but. this title makes NO sense to me..... just my 2 cents......

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:17pm
post #53 of 353

Notice how she hasn't bothered to respond after all of these comments? Maybe the brain started to function and she realized an egg shell is nothing to be grosssed out about!

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:39pm
post #54 of 353

I agree Kimmers... the OP probably just realized that she shouldn't have started this thread.

When I was 14 (some 23 years ago), my mom picked up a supreme pizza from a well known pizza chain and when I bit into my slice, my teeth chomped down on someone's fake fingernail. I realized immediately what it was. I could taste the nail polish. It was gross. It hasn't stopped me from eating pizza altogether but I don't care much for that chain or supreme pizza. icon_smile.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:43pm
post #55 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlotusninjagrl

When I was 14 (some 23 years ago), my mom picked up a supreme pizza from a well known pizza chain and when I bit into my slice, my teeth chomped down on someone's fake fingernail. I realized immediately what it was. I could taste the nail polish. It was gross. It hasn't stopped me from eating pizza altogether but I don't care much for that chain or supreme pizza. icon_smile.gif

'Supreme' must mean they put EVERYTHING on it! lol

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:02pm
post #56 of 353

Maybe it was a sign you should stay on your diet.

slush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slush Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:05pm
post #57 of 353

I feel really nauseous now!!

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:05pm
post #58 of 353
Quote:

I read in Heloise that a bay leaf in your flour will keep the weevils out of it...

Notice me ignoring original post icon_biggrin.gif Niliquely, have you tried it, I was wondering if it would eventually leave a taste in the flour.

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:08pm
post #59 of 353
Quote:

I bought some DH cake mixes a while back. When I opened them, they were literally ALIVE. Dates were not expired. It happens. I've never had it happen again.

BTW, I'm munching on a bag of Fritos while I'm reading this thread.

Edited: My mother used to keep a couple of bay leaves in her bread flour and it does work. It didn't leave an odd flavor.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #60 of 353

I agree with Ruth0209,

You deserve to be ignored and if more of us ignored comments and rude people we would not have to waste our energy on defending ourselves - the HOME BAKER!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%