Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 1:13pm by ntertayneme

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:40am
post #211 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niliquely

I think I could find something for the tail to do...

Could you teach it how to write the messages on birthday cakes?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

How about:
To brush cornstarch off fondant?
To dust whole cakes in luster dust?
To texturize crusted buttercream?
To sweep crumbs off cakes and cake boards?
To keep bows in shape till they dry?
To spread shortening on pans?

Uses for my dog's tongue include:
To clean bowls between use
To sweep excess frosting off spatulas
To smooth sides and top of cake (no need for viva method when you've perfected the Fido method)
To keep moisten fondant pieces for adhering
As a general dishwasher and dryer.

icon_biggrin.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:41am
post #212 of 353
Quote:

WHOA dkelly - laundry by yourself - hey now hey now!

niliquely.........I'm blushing now icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:42am
post #213 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0407

dkelly i'm sorry I had to look. That was only 13 min in between posts. Go back and do more laundry girl!!!

icon_lol.gif I'm alone tonight, my DH took my Son to the Sox/Yankee game, I was supposed to go but my Son BEGGED me to let him go instead.

So the only *laundry* getting done tonight is the real kind. icon_biggrin.gif

bummer... but now you can hang out with us without feeling like your neglecting someone!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:43am
post #214 of 353
Quote:

ROFLOL..... It's all in a day's work? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:44am
post #215 of 353

Ok I have tears rolling down my face after reading this!

You ladies totally rock!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:45am
post #216 of 353
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

Quote:

bakermommy4 we joined on exactly the same day........I've got almost 2000 posts, you're still a *NEWBIE* icon_eek.gif OK now I'm really embarrassed icon_redface.gif

*coughaddictcough*

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Would you like some Robitussin? icon_biggrin.gif

ew, no thanks. Got cake? *bats eyelashes*

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:47am
post #217 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Quote:

ROFLOL..... It's all in a day's work? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

The need to caution against carpal tunnel or arthritis has suddenly flashed through my "educated by Mad Magazine" mind.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:47am
post #218 of 353
Quote:

bummer... but now you can hang out with us without feeling like your neglecting someone!

True...........nobody to neglect 'cept the cats and I've got them in a couple of Ziploc bags secured with some duct tape just in case they try to claw their way out. icon_lol.gif

lesalyric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesalyric Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:48am
post #219 of 353
Quote:

I come back 10 minutes later and you girls are airing the dirty "laundry!!" This is hilarious! icon_biggrin.gif

shannon0407 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:54am
post #220 of 353
Quote:

Quote:

True...........nobody to neglect 'cept the cats and I've got them in a couple of Ziploc bags secured with some duct tape just in case they try to claw their way out. icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

If they had on their hairnet booties you wouldn't have to worry about those claws.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:54am
post #221 of 353
Quote:

Quote:

LOLOLOL

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:54am
post #222 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

The need to caution against carpal tunnel or arthritis has suddenly flashed through my "educated by Mad Magazine" mind.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

It's a good thing I can blame my carpal tunnel issue on hair cutting and cake decorating icon_razz.gif

shhhhhh........niliquely hasn't posted in almost 15 minutes, I think she's doing *baby making* laundry. She should be back any second now icon_lol.gif

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:55am
post #223 of 353

Ok, went and worked on my room and have come back to cat booties, cows tongues and tails, saran wrapped cats, a really yucky Dominoes YouTube video, "laundry" (heh, heh), and the cats stashed in zip lock bags sealed with duct tape.

Have I missed anything? icon_lol.gif

mrsunknown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsunknown Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:55am
post #224 of 353

glad someone let me in on what *laundry* was, taking it literally caused quite a bit of confusion thumbs_up.gif

shannon0407 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:56am
post #225 of 353

we all need to give niliquely a big round of applause when she gets back!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:56am
post #226 of 353

It's very interesting how someone expresses their own opinion about not wanting to buy from a home baker because she was grossed out by an eggshell and she gets insulted for it. I think she worded it wrong, but jeez...

Can people disagree without throwing in insults? Agree or disagree with her comments, but to call her a troll is ridiculous.

Truth be told, I remember seeing a thread on another forum where a "valued member" here said something that was incredibly insulting to most of the people on that board. Even people with loads of insight and who are helpful most of the time can have a bad day and/or "pull a boner".

I saw the OP as a big eccentric, but some people do get THAT grossed out by things like an egg shell in a cake. Give her a break.

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:56am
post #227 of 353
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If they had on their hairnet booties you wouldn't have to worry about those claws.

You guys are making me for real LAUGH OUT LOUD!! The cats keep waking up! Hmmmmmmm I'm wondering if I should maybe poke a couple of holes in those bags for air icon_confused.gif

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:58am
post #228 of 353

omg dkelly i've got to find those bags...but my kids (those crafty little monsters) could probably teleport themselves out and back playing with my fondant in no time LOL.

At the rate this post is going...I can feel my "newbie" status fading fading fading.

You ladies are absolutely a life saver!!!

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:59am
post #229 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGanache

It's very interesting how someone expresses their own opinion about not wanting to buy from a home baker because she was grossed out by an eggshell and she gets insulted for it. I think she worded it wrong, but jeez...

Can people disagree without throwing in insults? Agree or disagree with her comments, but to call her a troll is ridiculous.

Truth be told, I remember seeing a thread on another forum where a "valued member" here said something that was incredibly insulting to most of the people on that board. Even people with loads of insight and who are helpful most of the time can have a bad day and/or "pull a boner".

I saw the OP as a big eccentric, but some people do get THAT grossed out by things like an egg shell in a cake. Give her a break.

eggshell? what eggshell?

bakermommy4 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:00am
post #230 of 353

HHAAAAAA HAAHAHHAAAA

WHAT EGGSHELL?? hHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:01am
post #231 of 353

Seriously...I was putting my daughter to bed...I swear!!!!

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:02am
post #232 of 353
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You guys are making me for real LAUGH OUT LOUD!! The cats keep waking up! Hmmmmmmm I'm wondering if I should maybe poke a couple of holes in those bags for air icon_confused.gif

The least you could do is loosen up the duct tape. Poor kitties.... icon_wink.gif

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:03am
post #233 of 353
Quote:

Seriously...I was putting my daughter to bed...I swear!!!!

Oh is that what we're calling IT now? icon_biggrin.gif Got that ladies? Instead of *laundry*, it's *putting my daughter to bed* thumbs_up.gif

shannon0407 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:04am
post #234 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGanache

I totally agree with you. That's why I didn't join in until the conversation got interesting. Now we are having loads of fun. OP is welcome to come back and join in but maybe she should clarify that (hopefully) she doesn't think less of those of us who are home bakers.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:05am
post #235 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCasualKitchen

Whoa! Short and curlies, long black hair, fingernails. Yuck! But at least we can think (hope??) they're there accidentally. Have you seen the Dominoes video about two idiots deliberately dirtying up the food???

I'm not naive; I've worked in hotel kitchens so I know what's going on. But this video make me never want to eat out again. I've never seen such disrespect.

(note: the original video was pulled so you can only see snippets from a newscast)

Just had to chime in here and tell you that this happened in 30 minutes from my house and the girl in the video lives in my town. I've never seen a more blatent disrespect than what is shown on their video. I saw it on our local news and I also saw the entire version on youtube before it was pulled. Let me just say that you should be glad you only saw this one. You really may never eat out again.

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:07am
post #236 of 353

I actually had forgot that this was about eggshells....

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:10am
post #237 of 353
Quote:

So did 99% of us icon_lol.gif

shannon0407 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:10am
post #238 of 353

niliquely, this one's for you icon_wink.gif

party.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:11am
post #239 of 353
Quote:

What eggshells?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bakermommy4 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:12am
post #240 of 353

I'm gonna loose my newbie status with this one topic. It started with me being kinda offended about the home baker thing being a home baker myself...but now I'm on the hunt for those kid size ziploc bags LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%