Does Anyone Know Where I Can Find A Cupcake Decorating Kit?

Baking By ptanyer Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 11:52pm by ptanyer

ptanyer Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 9

Earlier this year, my granddaughter saw a cupcake decorating kit that you could use to frost cupcakes. It is for ages 8+. It was a whole little kit that also included mixes to bake in the microwave. She saw it as AC Moore or Hobby Lobby. I think it may have been around $40 or so.

I have repeatedly checked both stores and can't find it. Don't know the name of it so that I can check online for it.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

8 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 9
ptanyer Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks for the info Theresa, but the one I am looking for is actually a little machine type thing and comes with several cakes mixes that you can make in the microwave and then use this piece of equipment to decorate the cupcake. I could shoot myself for not writing the name of it down when I saw it, but wasn't sure that she would like it. But now that she has officially graduated into Grandma's kitchen helper (you should see her shell hard boiled eggs..just like she has done it all her life icon_lol.gif ).

Sorry, I can get sidetracked so easy when it comes to grandchildren..

However, if anyone recalls seeing it and can tell me what it is called or where I can find it online I would really appreciate it. TIA icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 9

I know what you're looking for - the toy that works like a soft ice cream machine.
I saw it at Wal-Mart, not at the craft stores.

http://www.cupcakemakers.com/index.html

Theresa icon_smile.gif

patticakesnc Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:28pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptanyer

Earlier this year, my granddaughter saw a cupcake decorating kit that you could use to frost cupcakes. It is for ages 8+. It was a whole little kit that also included mixes to bake in the microwave. She saw it as AC Moore or Hobby Lobby. I think it may have been around $40 or so.

I have repeatedly checked both stores and can't find it. Don't know the name of it so that I can check online for it.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Hey Ptayner. We're neighbors...I am next to Hickory.

Run down to Ingles. That is where I got mine. It has the tip to fill them too and I think it was $8-$9. It was really cheap.

ptanyer Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 9

DING..DING...DING...Yeah!!! Thank you so much. That's exactly it. She is going to be sooooooooo excited!!! She's only 4, but she wants it so bad and since we spend alot of time together I figure we can do it together and then have fun eating the results icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 9

Sounds cool. When I don't have the money to take them to the book store, I bring a couple of my grand-nieces and nephews here to bake with me. It's a great day, and I end up laughing all the way through. They wear me out, but it's worth it.

Have lots of fun, and have a cupcake for me!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ptanyer Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:43pm
post #8 of 9

Patticakesnc - I know! We chatted several times when i was having a really bad wedding cake experience. I see your posts online alot! We really do need to get together sometime. Which Ingles did you see it at? We were just down there yesterday doing our regular shopping thing, you know - AC Moore, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, with coupons in hand..walking and looking and talking. Trying to save money on whatever I need that I can use a coupon on. And that's a great price too. Thanks. icon_lol.gif

ptanyer Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:52pm
post #9 of 9

Will do, Theresa. I know what you mean about them wearing you out. But I wouldn't forego this time in Sara's life for anything. She has been coming to visit every Friday night since she was a year old. Everyother weekend she will stay Sat night too. We do all kinds of things. It's all about her and spending one on one time with her. She's the reason I started decorating cakes again. And her 2nd birthday cake was my very first fondant cakes (I actually made her two of them - 2 different colors and sizes). I do my best to arrange my schedule around her visits. But when that isn't possible, I give her one end of the kitchen table and her own set of little tools, etc and let her go to town while I work on the other end. Lots of fun and at least if she eats it I don't have to worry - safer than play dough I think.

Have a great evening...time for the last Network Cake Challenge and I can't wait to see who wins. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%