Sewing Project

Lounge By mbelgard Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm by brincess_b

mbelgard Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 7

I wanted to show off my winter project, I've been making regalia for my boys since late January and they had their first pow-wow of the year yesterday. I made everything but the moccasins.

They are both grass dancers and this is the first year my youngest danced.
LL
LL

6 replies
brincess_b Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 7

thats really cool! you did a nice job icon_smile.gif and your boys look cute too!
xx

mbelgard Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks. These were my second and third attempts at regalia, my 10 year old just started dancing last year. Until then I was blissfully unaware of what a grass dancer was or that there was a roach you wore on your head (I only knew of the bug and the kind you smoke).

I knew how to sew but I learned to make roaches and bead on a loom.

You can't really see it in the picture but I have a lizard design beaded on my 10 year old's headband and snakes on my 6 year old's. Regalia is very personalized and should reflect the owner and my boys have reptiles for pets.

Auryn Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 7

oh wow
great job
they look so happy

punkinpie Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 7

You did a great job! What a great mom you are. I can just imagine how many hours they must have taken.

mbelgard Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinpie

I can just imagine how many hours they must have taken.

The medallion on my youngest's headband took me over 6 hours to complete, the other one was bigger so it took longer, and each roach is probably 5-6 hours to finish. I have no idea how much total time I have in each outfit but I'd say 40-50 hours minimum and I wouldn't be surprised if it was over 80.

You can make them simpler but if I'm going to do something like this I'm going to do it RIGHT because I'm just like that.

brincess_b Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm
post #7 of 7

you get mum kudos! thumbs_up.gif
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%