It Won't Turn Red!!

Decorating By DyMakesCake Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 2:04pm by MomUv5

DyMakesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DyMakesCake Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone. I am trying to do red BC using Americolors Super Red for the first time. I made the BC last night and let it sit overnight. I wake up this morning and all I have seems to be a very dark pink. I add more Super Red and its getting darker but not brighter.
I need this for a FBCT transfer that I need to have in the freezer in the next few hours.

Any suggestions?

ETA: What if I did a RI transfer instead of BC? Would this be possible? If so, how can I speed up the drying process of RI? I need to place the transfer on the cake before I go to bed tonight so that it's ready tomorrow morning.

Also, if I can do this any tips of tinting RI red and black?

2 replies
Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 3

it will deepen after it is on the cake also. Try putting a little in the freezer and see how it looks after 20min. Then you will be able to see if it looks like what you want it too. I would also put a little on a plate and let it sit out as if it were on the cake too see where the color will be at after it is on the cake a little while. Other than that, just keep adding the red.

MomUv5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomUv5 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 3

When I was making red, I ended up getting out something that I "knew" was red and comparing the colors. To me, it didn't really look red because I had been staring at it too long. But, since it matched my red thing, I could tell that it was probably red anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%