Gumpaste Flowers?

Decorating By Curtsmin24 Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 5:55am by Curtsmin24

Curtsmin24 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:20am
post #1 of 3

This is probably the dumbest question ever and I have googled it and can't find the answer. What do you do with gumpaste flowers after the cake is gone? I've only made them for family because i've only had requests for buttercream flowers. Do customers eat them or throw them away?

The one customer that I did have that asked me to make a small bouquet out of them and paid me to make it. ( Sorry no pics, but the cake is in my photos. I have a really bad habit of not taking them and when I do it's with my phone and they don't always look that great icon_sad.gif )

(edited to add): Not sure if I even posted in the right area..sorry if I did...really sorry... I have too much on my mind. icon_sad.gif

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:55am
post #2 of 3

The can be saved as long as one likes icon_smile.gif Just keep them out of light as much as possible and also away from humidity.
My DD has the topper I made for her wedding cake more than 20 yrs ago. She keeps them on top of her kitchen cupboard. Most people get some type of glass dome to cover them.

Curtsmin24 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:55am
post #3 of 3

Thank you, I thought about putting them in a glass container and giving them to my mom for mothers day. I really appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%