Just Frustrated

Decorating By Texas_Rose Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 8:06am by solascakes

Texas_Rose Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:15am
post #1 of 15

I'm recovering from a broken leg...

Anyhow, I haven't baked anything but cupcakes and cookies since I got hurt. Tonight I was working on a cake and it turns out that it's just not as easy to roll fondant if you can't stand up. Last night I discovered it's not as easy to get the cakes out of the pans when you're sitting. My cake came out okay, except for the crack on one layer, and the bumpy fondant (which never happens to me). At least it's just a cake for my husband.

It's just irritating. I broke my leg the beginning of February, I wanted to be over it by now. If I was going to be in the wheelchair forever I would work on getting lower countertops in my kitchen, or at least one lower one. To make matters worse, we moved a month ago because our plumbing developed a major problem and our landlord couldn't fix it with us living there...so I'm doing everything in a kitchen where I haven't had any practice and there's literally not room to turn around in the wheelchair.

Thanks for coming to my pity party icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif just feels better getting it all out.

14 replies
Curtsmin24 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:35am
post #2 of 15

awww.... I know how you feel but try to focus on getting better (as hard as it is sometimes) You really don't want it to get worse. I hope things get better. I'm sending you an e-hug!!!

CakeWhizz Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:39am
post #3 of 15

Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way. Hope you feel better soon! XXXX

solascakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:53am
post #4 of 15

I know how you feel,because I had a major gynae surgery on the 28th of feb and have been asked not to do anything for 3 months,so no cake and i definitely can't roll fondant.Frustration is an understatement.
I hope you feel better soon,you have to concentrate on your leg healing,cos it's bones it might take a while,you can't afford to stress your leg at all,i'm not in a wheel chair but i sometimes have to hold/carry my stomach when i walk,so i basically have one hand.Yes i know....i'm wallowing in self pity too icon_sad.gif .
Take care and remember your health comes first,there'll be plenty of time to bake all you want. icon_smile.gif

Rylan Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 9:22am
post #5 of 15

Cheer up =]. Be happy--atleast you still have your two hands that can help you roll your fondant. I hope you get better soon, I'd be happy to bake you a cake if I was your neighbor.

Take care =]

solascakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 9:43am
post #6 of 15

RylanTy can you bake me a cake please,and send it to london,i'm hurt too. lol

Texas_Rose Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 10:47am
post #7 of 15

Aww...thanks, y'all made me feel a lot better.

Solascakes, I don't know if this would be of any help to you, but when I was recovering from my c-sections I noticed that wearing spandex briefs helped a lot, with comfort and with recovery time. They were the ones they sell as shaper garments, or control undergarments...basically they felt like swimsuit material, very tough, and they held my stomach in place while the muscles and stuff were healing, so it didn't hurt to walk or cough or laugh. Your description of having to hold your stomach while you walk reminded me of that. I hope you feel better soon, surgery is no fun at all.

sweetjan Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 10:59am
post #8 of 15

Texas_Rose, I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking about you and hoping this is over really soon.
Best wishes~

grama_j Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:12am
post #9 of 15

I surely wish there was something I could physically do for you injured ladies ! I guess hugs and prayers for your healing will have to do.......
((((( HUGS )))))...... and love from grama_j

solascakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:41pm
post #10 of 15

Texas_Rose you know exactly what i'm talking about,i'm scared to even wear panties as i'm quite overweight and i'm scared s$$t of sweating.The doctor also told me that he had to bring out some of my organs to get to the fibroids,all nine of them,and so 1hr op turned to 4hrs.So strictly no stressing till I heal completely.
I'll try your advice though,thanks a lot.

tonedna Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm
post #11 of 15

Hugs to all you girls!...Hope you feel better!
Edna

solascakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #12 of 15

Thanks Edna and grama_j and you too Texas_Rose for allowing me hijack and vent on your thread,thanks everybody.

Rylan Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 6:37am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by solascakes

RylanTy can you bake me a cake please,and send it to london,i'm hurt too. lol

I definitely will!

JulyMama Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:53am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by solascakes

Texas_Rose you know exactly what i'm talking about,i'm scared to even wear panties as i'm quite overweight and i'm scared s$$t of sweating.The doctor also told me that he had to bring out some of my organs to get to the fibroids,all nine of them,and so 1hr op turned to 4hrs.So strictly no stressing till I heal completely.
I'll try your advice though,thanks a lot.

I'm overweight as well and with my DS I had a c-section. What really helped me was to put sterile gauze where I would sweat (mostly under my stomach right over my incision) I would just put a layer or two of gauze and my stomach held it in place. I would also wear big panties, bigger than I would normally wear that went up past my belly button. I also wore my "belly band" which I wore when I was pregnant to support my stomach. It worked exactly like the tummy shaper panties, etc. to hold your stomach in place. It felt so much better to have some support there and not feel like I was coming apart at the seams so to speak.

solascakes Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 8:06am
post #15 of 15

JulyMama (coming apart at the seams).
That's too funny.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%