Ever Have A Strange Delivery Day???

Business By loriemoms Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 1:15pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:13am
post #1 of 3

Man, I had the oddest day today, and well, I am not really seeking advice or anything, I just had to vent about it and maybe laugh about it.

I had four weddings to deliver today. The first one was from a bride who had changed her colors on me and sent me swatches via email. It was a four tiered stacked boxes with fondant ribbon going down it. When I got to the site, the ribbon color did not match the rest of the room at all. I mean, not at all! It looked horrible and I couldn't bring myself to leave the cake there. (I normaly do not accept email swatches, but this was a last minute change) I had four hours before the wedding started, so I picked up the cake, took it home, redid the ribbon and got it back in plenty of time with a perfect match ribbon. On to next wedding: It was a do it yourselfer, with home made decorations and cake topper and a cake skirt. I had to tear apart the cake topper and redo it as it didnt fit on the cake, and the skirt was too thick and the cake would have wobbled everywhere. There were also cupcakes and they wanted them arranged on each table...not enough cupcakes! I counted the table and she just didnt order enough. So we kind of put less cupcakes on some tables. (I bet she had some last minute guests!) On to the next wedding, which went fine beleive it or not! So I was thinking ok, my luck is changing. Ah but the last one was the best of all. It was a community center. Doors were locked. The caterer was sitting in his car, waiting for keys. Turns out the person who was suppose to unlock it decided to do some errands first and Got Lost. We waited an hour in the car, with A/C running..(it was 90 degrees outside) We finally get in, I set up the cake and waited another 20 minutes for the florist to show up as there was suppose to be a cake topper "waiting for me" She was an hour late. I coudnt' wait any longer and the caterer said he will direct the florist to where the flowers go.(he was pretty pissed off at this piont too...and said he was glad at least the cake didnt melt! haha)

One more cake to deliver tomorrow..I hope it has nothing "special" with its delivery. Was it a full moon or something?

Looking forward to finally getting some sleep. 5 weddings two party cakes and two anniversary cakes this week. I am pooped.

2 replies
justducky Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 3

Maybe it is in the air. I arrived at the venue to find a cake topper sitting on the table. (there were flowers on top of the cake already, per the order.) They asked that I change out to include this topper as it was the original one from their wedding. Good times!

The cake was the perfect size and it all worked out beautifully. (luckily)

loriemoms Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky

Maybe it is in the air. I arrived at the venue to find a cake topper sitting on the table. (there were flowers on top of the cake already, per the order.) They asked that I change out to include this topper as it was the original one from their wedding. Good times!

The cake was the perfect size and it all worked out beautifully. (luckily)

Aren't those little surprises fun? hahaha!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%