Looking For Template/baby Cowboy Boots

Decorating By vera Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm by vera

vera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vera Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:22am
post #1 of 15

Does anyone out there know where I can find the template for the baby cowboy boots?

14 replies
KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:49am
post #2 of 15

I know there is a lady in Texas who sells a cutter set for around $30. Unfortunately I couldn't justify that price for the one time I needed the boots.

I looked everywhere online for a template and couldn't find one so I used the baby bootie template that I found here on CC and modified it. I made a practice pair out of fondant so it wouldn't get hard and just cut and fit, cut and fit. I even tried making a template once I thought I had it right but my final pair made of gumpaste still needed some cutting and adjusting.

I know this isn't much help but I thought I would give you some encouragement that it can be done and maybe someone will come up with a good template. I'd sure like to have one also. Here is a picture of my baby boots.
LL

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 15

Here's where you can order a 5 piece cutter set to make little cowboy boots: http://www.kellyscakeart.com/page3lilboots.html

KathysCC...YOU should create and post a template...your boots are amazing!!

KathysCC Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 15

FlourPots, thanks for posting that link. I couldn't remember where it was. And thanks for the compliment. icon_biggrin.gif I would love to make a template if I ever find the time. icon_lol.gif I'll try to find the one I made. It might be helpful even if it is imperfect.

I was surprised that you could see my picture because I can't. I think there is something wrong with the photo views in the forums. Some people can see them and some can't. I just see an "x" but if I click on the "x" my photo comes up.

KathysCC Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 15

Okay I did find my homemade template. I am extraordinarily busy this weekend so give me a couple of days but I will try to make a practice pair to perfect my template and then post it here and in the galleries.

I also have some scanner issues since my new computer won't connect to my old scanner so I'll have to get those worked out.

I've been meaning to work on this template and share it since it is something I haven't seen here on CC before. You guys gave me just the kick in the pants that I needed to get started. icon_biggrin.gif

Vera, I hope you aren't in a tremendous hurry. Let me know when you need it.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 15

There was a lady in one of last year's ICES magazines who sold a kit or DVD or something on how to make cowboy boots. Offhand I can't remember what the deal was -- let me look for it and I'll get back to you in a flash. If anyone has any of last years ICES magazines you will remember what I'm talking about...

FlourPots Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 15

Cool KathysCC!!...Can't wait to see it! icon_biggrin.gif

(I'm not able to view the photo as is either...there's just an x...I have to click on it to open another window)

KathysCC Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 6:49pm
post #8 of 15

Okay, I got the template loaded into my gallery. Like I said in the remarks on my photo, you may have to do some adjusting. This is a very rough template. I am not a gumpaste expert by any means but made this out of necessity. I also posted a picture of the finished cake too. Hope this helps you out!

Template:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1356882.html

Finished Cake:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1356916

FlourPots Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:47pm
post #9 of 15

Thank you very much! They're both wonderful!!

DecoratorsDelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratorsDelight Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 9:32pm
post #10 of 15

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 11:05pm
post #11 of 15

Kathy I can't get either link to work! icon_cry.gif Do you have another link?

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 11:17pm
post #12 of 15

I can't get the link to wook either. I really want to see these. They sound adorable.

FlourPots Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:13am
post #13 of 15

That's weird, the links aren't working for me now either.

They were fine before...I even left a comment on both.

Maybe it'll straighten itself out in awhile.

KathysCC Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #14 of 15

Looks like none of the photo links are working on the whole site at the moment. I'll see if I can find out what is going on.

vera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vera Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #15 of 15

I was able to print the template. Kathy thank you so much for all your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%